Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

GCC compliant except 2D tourney?

#1 User is offline   relknes 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2018-May-25, 12:11

Hey, I have been looking around at some of the debate over "banned conventions" and whether keeping people from ever encountering them actually hurts their ability to deal with them. (Also, the convoluted rules around the various charts seem a bit silly at times)
I was wondering if there is a better way to introduce people to the sort of "weirdness" that can come up, but in a very controlled way to avoid scaring people off or randomizing the results too much. It occurred to me that it could be interesting to have an event where people had to use GCC compliant systems, with the sole exception of their 2 opening bid, which would be "anything goes."
2 is already given a sort of exception for the Multi, so this would seem a relatively small liberalization (arguably much smaller than the full mid-chart), but would give players the ability to both experiment with some different ideas and gain experience defending against those ideas, without having to confront a totally crazy system with 5 or 10 bizarre preemptive bids.
What do people think of this idea?

#2 User is offline   TylerE 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2018-May-25, 12:24

While well intentioned I think it's ultimately pointless.

Aunt Gladys doesn't know what Multi is, and would have zero interest in such a tourney.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users