Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Should GIBizarre bid 5C ? GIBidding

#1 User is offline   virgosrock 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2018-April-18, 08:44

Classic GIBBO. Open light due distribution then take another bid to show the distribution and since less hcp keep ignoring partner's bids.
And ignore "points". GIBBO hand is worth 100+ "points" at least after parnter's 4C.

Unless the whole thing is my fault.

Thoughts?

vrock

#2 User is offline   virgosrock 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2018-April-20, 04:48

View Postvirgosrock, on 2018-April-18, 08:44, said:

Classic GIBBO. Open light due distribution then take another bid to show the distribution and since less hcp keep ignoring partner's bids.
And ignore "points". GIBBO hand is worth 100+ "points" at least after parnter's 4C.

Unless the whole thing is my fault.

Thoughts?

vrock

what? no opinions?

vrock

#3 User is offline   pescetom 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2018-April-20, 07:04

View Postvirgosrock, on 2018-April-20, 04:48, said:

what? no opinions?

The 2 bid is bad, but if I was GIB I would put a lot of the blame on your 1NT.
If you don't feel strong enough to force with 2 then 3 describes your hand constructively.

#4 User is offline   virgosrock 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2018-April-20, 07:51

View Postpescetom, on 2018-April-20, 07:04, said:

The 2 bid is bad, but if I was GIB I would put a lot of the blame on your 1NT.
If you don't feel strong enough to force with 2 then 3 describes your hand constructively.

my first thought was to bid 5c directly.
2c was out i thought since hogtied by GIBBO 2/1. lord knows what it would do jumps to 6NT came to mind or other horrible scenarios.
decided to wait with 1NT and see what transpired.

GIBBO not bidding 5C was bizarre. I don't think the software knows what "twice rebiddable' means.

vrock

#5 User is offline   Stephen Tu 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2018-April-20, 09:06

1nt response is totally normal, disagree completely with pescetom. 3c not an option with GIB since GIB is using strong jump shifts.

The time for GIB to try 5c is probably after the 4d bid but maybe it is requiring too much strength, not having the idea of two-way sacrifice/might make bids ingrained, bidding because lots of shape in competition.

The doubles of blackwood/5d are ambiguous, maybe it thinks you are trying to penalize, it's pretty easy to construct hands where 5d goes down quite a lot while 6c has no play.

Always dangerous to double blackwood without a clear idea what you are trying to accomplish, often undefined even in human partnerships, and the opps aren't likely playing in 4nt so I would avoid it unless you have a clear idea whether your double is takeout or penalty and GIB does also. I don't see any reason for you to x 4nt/5d, just randomly increasing the stakes, they probably aren't going down a ton when they are bidding to 5d voluntarily, your hand doesn't have a ton of defense. If you had instead say bid 5c over 4nt maybe North finds the sacrifice.

#6 User is offline   virgosrock 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2018-April-20, 09:52

View PostStephen Tu, on 2018-April-20, 09:06, said:

1nt response is totally normal, disagree completely with pescetom. 3c not an option with GIB since GIB is using strong jump shifts.

The time for GIB to try 5c is probably after the 4d bid but maybe it is requiring too much strength, not having the idea of two-way sacrifice/might make bids ingrained, bidding because lots of shape in competition.

The doubles of blackwood/5d are ambiguous, maybe it thinks you are trying to penalize, it's pretty easy to construct hands where 5d goes down quite a lot while 6c has no play.

Always dangerous to double blackwood without a clear idea what you are trying to accomplish, often undefined even in human partnerships, and the opps aren't likely playing in 4nt so I would avoid it unless you have a clear idea whether your double is takeout or penalty and GIB does also. I don't see any reason for you to x 4nt/5d, just randomly increasing the stakes, they probably aren't going down a ton when they are bidding to 5d voluntarily, your hand doesn't have a ton of defense. If you had instead say bid 5c over 4nt maybe North finds the sacrifice.

Excellent analysis Stephen. 5C over 4NT is a good bid. I somehow developed the incorrect mindset that my GIBBO was loaded. I doubled 5D because of ruffing value and same incorrect mindset.

vrock

#7 User is offline   Stephen Tu 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2018-April-20, 10:45

On second thought I don't think 5c is a good bid, really 4c should have told your entire hand more or less and North should just work out what to do after that. And it's not entirely clear that sacrificing is percentage, it's easy to swap a few cards around such that it's a phantom. These 6 over 5 decisions are hard for humans, let alone bots.

#8 User is offline   jdonn 

• - - T98765432 AQT8
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2018-April-20, 14:04

Sorry but I can't tell what the complaint is...
Please let me know about any questions or interest or bug reports about GIB.

#9 User is offline   virgosrock 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2018-April-20, 16:24

View Postjdonn, on 2018-April-20, 14:04, said:

Sorry but I can't tell what the complaint is...

Failure to support holding AJX in clubs opposite rebiddable C and a void in D and establish-able S AQxxxx.
after 4Nx.

vrock

#10 User is offline   jdonn 

• - - T98765432 AQT8
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2018-April-26, 07:53

Probably would be the right bid to raise, but it just has 11 points and partner's auction is uncommon, I am not going to worry at all about this.
Please let me know about any questions or interest or bug reports about GIB.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users