BBO Discussion Forums: Best way to study? absorb and apply - BBO Discussion Forums

• 2 Pages +

Best way to study? absorb and apply

#21 User is offline   Shugart23 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2018-June-22, 06:29

Our learning curve went something like this, but understand I have one partner that I paly with 95% of the time :

1) Year 1 : Study and learned our opening bidding system ( we happened to start with Precision, but that doesn't matter).....
a) set up hands on BBO or any other software that allows you to practice specific bids...
b) learn slam bidding techniques
c) play in Club games (and tournements) and wonder why we can't get higher than 45%
2) Year 2 :Study and learn how to interfere and deal with Opponent's interference (which I think most bidding books dont really spend a lot of time on)
a) transfer lebensohl in all kinds of situations greatly improved our game
b) XYZ is helpful
c) learn how and when to preempt ( we use a down 2-4-5 method unless partner is a passed hand)
d) learn about all the various types of doubles
e) play in Club games (and tournaments) and wonder why we can't get higher than 50 percent
3) Year 3 : Study card signals and leads
a) We use upside down count and attitude
b) We use Journalist leads
c) Play in Club games and tournaments and be disappointed when we slip under 53%
4) Year 4- present : learn how to count to 13...eg..start understanding how points and suits are distributed by all hands from the bidding and the leads
a) Play in Club games and tournamnets and be dissappointed when we dont scratch or win

That was basically the evolution of our game. There is a lot to learn....somewhere in Year 2 we began reading books about the 'play of the hand' but a lot of that just comes from experience....

• 2 Pages +

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users