• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

New ACBL charts and BBO

#1 User is offline   steve2005 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Interests:Bridge duh!

Posted 2018-March-22, 13:28

Danny Sprung posted this on Bridgewinners and i wondered what chart BBO will use?
The ACBL Board of Directors approved the New Convention Charts in Philadelphia. There were two minor language changes from the charts that were submitted.
The new charts will be effective the first day of the 2018 Fall Nationals in Honolulu. There will be several articles in the ACBL Bulletin introducing the new charts.
Thanks to all of you who helped with suggestions. Here is a link to the new charts:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1sOIU9fNAVlFftvRGuj7I5apPZsibzCL0Dsd6KVg7sjk/edi

Sarcasm is a state of mind

#2 User is offline   hrothgar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Interests:Travel
    Cooking
    Brewing
    Hiking

Posted 2018-March-22, 17:53

View Poststeve2005, on 2018-March-22, 13:28, said:

Danny Sprung posted this on Bridgewinners and i wondered what chart BBO will use?
The ACBL Board of Directors approved the New Convention Charts in Philadelphia. There were two minor language changes from the charts that were submitted.
The new charts will be effective the first day of the 2018 Fall Nationals in Honolulu. There will be several articles in the ACBL Bulletin introducing the new charts.
Thanks to all of you who helped with suggestions. Here is a link to the new charts:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1sOIU9fNAVlFftvRGuj7I5apPZsibzCL0Dsd6KVg7sjk/edi

I suspect that the ACBL tournaments on BBO will us the relevant charts.

I suspect that the rest of the folks running tournaments will do whatever they damn well please
Alderaan delenda est

#3 User is offline   nekthen 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2018-March-23, 06:02

1. Why is the ACBL so afraid of the multi 2 and Lucas 2s? You will only meet these on Open chart events
2. Apparently transfer responses to 1 are banned below open chart events as well
3. Why even mention psychic bids? By definition they cannot be part of your agreements. By all means agree that Psyching a strong artificial bid is against the rules

I think most of the rest of the world is bemused by the stance of the ACBL. I find it irritating when a tourney on BBO bans multi bids.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users