Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

F_Bomb Filtering Chat Language

#1 User is offline   virgosrock 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2018-March-21, 18:28

When GIB does something extremely stupid - or so I think - I have a tendency to let lose F-Bombs with other colorful language. No opponent has ever minded.
Lately, say 6 months, I have found a chat sentence with ANY "foul" language after I hit return does not appear in the chat window. So, ok they are filtering.
HOWEVER, the other day playing with a Bulgarian friend, he let lose an F-Bomb and it appeared in the chat window after he hit return. This I found MOST peculiar. Seemed like this is allowed in Europe not USA. I learnt my F-Bombs after I started playing money bridge in NYShitty.

Someone care to shed some light on this censorship?

vrock

#2 User is offline   helene_t 

• The Abbess
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2018-March-21, 20:15

It would make sense to make the censoring country-dependent. A word that is foul in English may not be so in other languages. Also, the concept of "foul" language is a somewhat American thing. Using vulgar language in e.g. the Netherlands, Denmark or New Zealand may make some people think you are being silly but it is unlikely to offend anyone.
The world would be such a happy place, if only everyone played Acol :) --- TramTicket

#3 User is offline   virgosrock 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2018-March-22, 07:44

View Posthelene_t, on 2018-March-21, 20:15, said:

It would make sense to make the censoring country-dependent. A word that is foul in English may not be so in other languages. Also, the concept of "foul" language is a somewhat American thing. Using vulgar language in e.g. the Netherlands, Denmark or New Zealand may make some people think you are being silly but it is unlikely to offend anyone.

Well said Abbess. Anal American political correctness motivated hypocrisy.

vrock

#4 User is online   smerriman 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2018-March-22, 13:16

View Posthelene_t, on 2018-March-21, 20:15, said:

Using vulgar language in e.g. the Netherlands, Denmark or New Zealand may make some people think you are being silly but it is unlikely to offend anyone.

I know you're from NZ too, but I'd still beg to differ.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users