• You cannot reply to this topic

About the "Sacrifice bidding"

#21 User is offline   johnu 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2018-July-07, 12:24

View Postpescetom, on 2018-July-06, 09:34, said:

Thecnics and owns.. than indeed.

Lovera, please stay away from Google, machine translation can never rival the quidditas of your epiphanies B-)

I always thought Lovera did a triple translation. Italian -> Esperanto -> Klingon -> English :)

#22 User is offline   Lovera 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Interests:I'm also on YOUTUBE with a channel of music songs .

Posted 2018-July-10, 11:21

I would like to comment on the point at the end of Robin's Bridge Blog (- see post#20 - "What about this situation?Youhold ♠KT2 ♥2 ♦J93 ♣JT7542"): this type of bidding (the jump answer) is termed "early sacrifice" and we can say that recurs:1) on the contested bidding (enter the first round declarative); 2) in the suit of the opponents your line has maximum one loser. With your jump answer at weak partner's bid show that you have: 3) a poor hand even in defensive values; 4) show with your support response a 10 card fit and a keycard (Ace or King) or 11 cards (or more) fit. The basic principle is to "enter decisively into declarations every time the opposing bid seems destined to evolve until to the slam. In these circumstances, high-level interference disturbs the interview of our antagonists, can lead them to a conclusion that it is not the best, can induce them to double our contract allowing us to sacrifice at a lower level."
(Sorry for the previuosly incorrect transaltion well summarized by nullve).

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users