BBO Discussion Forums: My hand and bidding. - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

My hand and bidding. What is wrong here.

#1 User is offline   Kokasrini 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2018-March-14, 03:22

Today when I was playing with my regular partner in a BBO tournament, I was dealt the following hand and the bidding follows: S J, 7 H A,Q, 7, 5 D A, 7,8,6 C 10,9,6
Bidding : partner: 1C, pass, my bid 1D, pass, partner 1NT, pass, my bid 2NT (partner is denying majors), pass, pass, pass. Once play started with a small heart lead, suddenly
director debarred me from further play and removed me from the tournament. Can anybody enlighten me why this happened? and what is wrong with my bidding? Thank you.

#2 User is offline   ahydra 

• AQT92 AQ --- QJ6532
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2018-March-14, 04:06

Don't see much wrong with your auction. Did the TD give a reason to kick you out? Hopefully one of the mods can advise on where to report power-tripping TDs (not sure if it's abuse@bridgebase.com, suspect it isn't). This certainly isn't the first story we've heard about spurious bans from tournaments, and perhaps TDs ought to operate in pairs / have to have passed some training beforehand or something (though that obviously makes it a lot harder to find willing TDs for the games).

As an aside, this probably belongs in BBO tournaments discussion rather than Interesting Bridge Hands, as there isn't much interesting about a flat 11 opposite a weak notrump :).

ahydra

#3 User is offline   steve2005 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Bridge duh!

Posted 2018-March-14, 06:36

td would never remove you from tournament for this. If you were removed you would get a message from td. Did you get a message?
more likely someone slow at table and td for some reason thought it was you.
Sarcasm is a state of mind

#4 User is offline   gszes 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2018-March-14, 06:47

You have asked US to do your detective work for you. People do stupid things sometimes and if you were barred for your bidding on this hand the TD was doing a stupid thing. There may easily be much more to the story but YOU have to take the time and effort to find out WHY you were booted and, if the you dislike the reasoning supplied, take the matter up with BBO authorities. If the TD wants a reason why you chose to bid 1d vs 1h maybe they can consider that from your point of view bidding 1d increases the probability that your partner will play the hand. This might be beneficial since your hand has little to no reason to want to declare but the opening bidder can have quite a few assets that would benefit from being protected from attack via the opening lead. I have been known to fracture bridge bidding sometimes with a hand like xxx Axxx AKQ xxx and bidding 1d over my partners 1c bid in a desperate attempt to :rightside: whatever our final contract is.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users