BBO Discussion Forums: casualità delle smazzate - BBO Discussion Forums

Jump to content

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

casualità delle smazzate da riprogettare completamente

#1 User is offline   bluesnake 

  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1
  • Joined: 2017-February-04

Posted 2018-March-02, 12:05

La distribuzione delle carte non è del tutto occasionale ma funzionale e adattato al sistema di scommessa scelto da BBO. e ciò non è corretto.
:(
0

#2 User is online   barmar 

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin
  • Posts: 17,566
  • Joined: 2004-August-21
  • Gender:Male

Posted 2018-March-03, 23:16

Please post in English here.

Translation (via Google Translate):

The distribution of the cards is not entirely occasional but functional and adapted to the bet system chosen by BBO. and this is not correct.

#3 User is online   barmar 

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin
  • Posts: 17,566
  • Joined: 2004-August-21
  • Gender:Male

Posted 2018-March-03, 23:17

I'm not exactly sure what you're saying, the translation isn't very clear. But we deal hands randomly, they're not adapted to any system.

#4 User is offline   pescetom 

  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members
  • Posts: 702
  • Joined: 2014-February-18
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Italy

Posted 2018-March-04, 07:39

The translation is fine, the message is no clearer when read in italian.
0

#5 User is online   barmar 

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin
  • Posts: 17,566
  • Joined: 2004-August-21
  • Gender:Male

Posted 2018-March-04, 23:14

My guess is that it's the same complaint we get regularly that people think the hands in robot tournaments are cooked so that finesses always fail, suits always break badly, etc.

There's no truth to it, players just notice the unfavorable boards more than others.

#6 User is offline   smerriman 

  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members
  • Posts: 874
  • Joined: 2014-March-15
  • Gender:Male

Posted 2018-March-04, 23:51

View Postbarmar, on 2018-March-04, 23:14, said:

There's no truth to it, players just notice the unfavorable boards more than others.

My guess is that people finesse in dummy regularly on the opening lead, and find it loses nearly every single time. That of course is correct, but nothing to do with non-random deals.
Challenge event 14 is underway.

Feel free to send me a friend challenge of any format as often as you like. I'll always accept :)
0

#7 User is online   barmar 

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin
  • Posts: 17,566
  • Joined: 2004-August-21
  • Gender:Male

Posted 2018-March-06, 16:01

View Postsmerriman, on 2018-March-04, 23:51, said:

My guess is that people finesse in dummy regularly on the opening lead, and find it loses nearly every single time. That of course is correct, but nothing to do with non-random deals.

That's probably a big part of it. The robots don't like to lead away from kings, So if you get a lead with Q in dummy and A in hand, putting up the Q frequently loses, more so than when playing against humans.

#8 User is offline   MrAce 

  • VIP Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Posts: 6,951
  • Joined: 2009-November-14
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Houston, TX

Posted 2018-March-06, 22:57

View Postbarmar, on 2018-March-03, 23:17, said:

I'm not exactly sure what you're saying, the translation isn't very clear. But we deal hands randomly, they're not adapted to any system.


Are you sure? If so how do you explain the clear percentage performance difference of players in other GIB events to the ones in robot Rebate %55? Is it coincidence that we get much more hands in %55 rebate games that drags peoples percentage towards % 50? Not even mentioning where even the first place can't get %55 while you can't even win a damn thing with %65 in other GIB events? Is there any other GIB event in BBO history where the 1st place got less than %55?
"Genius has its own limitations, however stupidity has no such boundaries!"
"It's only when a mosquito lands on your testicles that you realize there is always a way to solve problems without using violence!"

"Well to be perfectly honest, in my humble opinion, of course without offending anyone who thinks differently from my point of view, but also by looking into this matter in a different perspective and without being condemning of one's view's and by trying to make it objectified, and by considering each and every one's valid opinion, I honestly believe that I completely forgot what I was going to say."





0

#9 User is online   barmar 

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin
  • Posts: 17,566
  • Joined: 2004-August-21
  • Gender:Male

Posted 2018-March-07, 10:25

View PostMrAce, on 2018-March-06, 22:57, said:

Are you sure? If so how do you explain the clear percentage performance difference of players in other GIB events to the ones in robot Rebate %55? Is it coincidence that we get much more hands in %55 rebate games that drags peoples percentage towards % 50? Not even mentioning where even the first place can't get %55 while you can't even win a damn thing with %65 in other GIB events? Is there any other GIB event in BBO history where the 1st place got less than %55?

I can assure you that there's no different dealing for these games.

All BBO hands are dealt using the same function, which is random. Then if it's a "best hand" tourney we find the hand with the most HCP and swap it with South. If there are multiple best hands, we pick one of them randomly.

I suspect the difference in results is due to the different types of players who enter them. If they have similar expertise, you're less likely to get extreme scores. And maybe people play differently when there's money on the line.

#10 User is offline   MrAce 

  • VIP Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Posts: 6,951
  • Joined: 2009-November-14
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Houston, TX

Posted 2018-March-07, 15:27

View Postbarmar, on 2018-March-07, 10:25, said:

I can assure you that there's no different dealing for these games.

All BBO hands are dealt using the same function, which is random. Then if it's a "best hand" tourney we find the hand with the most HCP and swap it with South. If there are multiple best hands, we pick one of them randomly.

I suspect the difference in results is due to the different types of players who enter them. If they have similar expertise, you're less likely to get extreme scores. And maybe people play differently when there's money on the line.


Ok thank you Barry.
"Genius has its own limitations, however stupidity has no such boundaries!"
"It's only when a mosquito lands on your testicles that you realize there is always a way to solve problems without using violence!"

"Well to be perfectly honest, in my humble opinion, of course without offending anyone who thinks differently from my point of view, but also by looking into this matter in a different perspective and without being condemning of one's view's and by trying to make it objectified, and by considering each and every one's valid opinion, I honestly believe that I completely forgot what I was going to say."





0

Share this topic:


Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users