Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

personal curiosity

#1 User is offline   cencio 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2018-February-27, 07:59

I have the impression that there were more online players in the old bbo.
True or false

#2 User is offline   FelicityR 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2018-February-28, 00:41

I don't know about BBO but there were - I assume - more bridge players in the world when BBO Online started in 2005 (?). I have spoken to a few of my bridge friends about dwindling club membership and they agree that there were more players around years ago. Which is odd given that people are living longer and bridge is a pleasant pastime and social activity for seniors.

#3 User is offline   pescetom 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2018-March-02, 08:58

View PostFelicityR, on 2018-February-28, 00:41, said:

I don't know about BBO but there were - I assume - more bridge players in the world when BBO Online started in 2005 (?). I have spoken to a few of my bridge friends about dwindling club membership and they agree that there were more players around years ago. Which is odd given that people are living longer and bridge is a pleasant pastime and social activity for seniors.

Club membership in USA and Europe is dwindling but not uniformly, some countries like France and especially Holland and Denmark have grown considerably (Holland now has 83 thousand licensed players!). China already has 40 thousand licensed players and many more playing online.
I would guess that the total number of players online worldwide is growing and destined to grow fast, whatever is happening on BBO.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users