Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Cannot Chat on Windows

#1 User is offline   FelicityR 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2018-February-14, 23:38

Dear Support. I have lost the ability to chat online (and also to find a player's profile) except if I log in and go through the friends/enemies part of 'My BBO' to chat to friends. I think this has been caused by me pulling the lower cursor (thicker grey line) down to make the board bigger and then losing that cursor completely. I have dis- then re-installed BBO and this doesn't help. I have searched here on BBO forums and online for a solution. Alas, after a week I haven't found one. If I join a table as a kibitzer a chat box appears but I cannot 'click into' the chat box to talk to other players/kibitzers. Please help. This is getting really frustrating.

#2 User is offline   steve2005 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Interests:Bridge duh!

Posted 2018-February-15, 07:27

if you pull the grey line to the bottom such that the chat disappears, a tab for chat should appear on the right, much as whos online/my results. click on chat tab and box will appear on right where you can chat normally.
Sarcasm is a state of mind

#3 User is offline   FelicityR 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2018-February-17, 05:12

Yes, I know this. The problem is that I cannot chat at all. When I put my mouse in the chat box and click nothing happens. Also, I have lost the ability to find a player as that box has disappeared too. I've tried everything to resolve this. Losing patience now...

#4 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2018-February-17, 16:24

To find a player click on "Who's Online". Then the search field will show up at the bottom.

#5 User is offline   FelicityR 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2018-February-18, 01:10

barmar, on 2018-February-17, 16:24, said:

To find a player click on "Who's Online". Then the search field will show up at the bottom.

That's the problem, too. When I do this there is no search field, it's as if part of BBO's page at the bottom is cut off. I have tried moving my computer's task bar from the bottom to the top of the page - that doesn't help at all. It's as though I moved the bottom grey cursor line too far down at one stage (to enlarge the online table) and by doing this it has affected the settings. I can move the bottom grey cursor up but it still results with part of the page (when I scroll down) missing, plus the added inconvenience of having no chat facility except by using 'friends and enemies'. I have read the forum posts on BBO relating to this subject and I am going to visit an internet café where Google Chrome is used, log in under my BBO name, and see if there is any difference. Nothing else on my computer has gone wrong, and I have the latest version of Adobe. It might just be a bug pertaining to BBO.

#6 User is offline   smerriman 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2018-February-18, 01:30

If you can post a screenshot that may help. Have you checked if you have your browser zoomed in? Or perhaps eg you have a browser add-on on similar which covers up the bottom part of the screen.

#7 User is offline   FelicityR 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2018-February-20, 07:12

smerriman, on 2018-February-18, 01:30, said:

If you can post a screenshot that may help. Have you checked if you have your browser zoomed in? Or perhaps eg you have a browser add-on on similar which covers up the bottom part of the screen.

Thanks for that. I changed the magnification from 150% to 125% and the problem was solved. The strange thing is that I have had the magnification at 150% for a long, long time without any problem.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users