Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

bidding practice activate robots ?

#1 User is offline   Shugart23 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2018-February-04, 16:30

Partner and I want to practice some bidding conventions on-line with each other..I have figured out how to specify the hand types/parameters I want to practice, but it seems that the robots just Pass all the time...Is it possible for them to compete against partner and I as we bid

#2 User is online   sfi 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2018-February-04, 17:35

View PostShugart23, on 2018-February-04, 16:30, said:

Partner and I want to practice some bidding conventions on-line with each other..I have figured out how to specify the hand types/parameters I want to practice, but it seems that the robots just Pass all the time...Is it possible for them to compete against partner and I as we bid

When you start a bidding table and sit in a seat, all unoccupied and unreserved seats get a button that says "Click for Robot". Click that and you will get what you are looking for. You can even specify hands for them the same way you do for North/South.

#3 User is offline   Shugart23 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2018-February-04, 18:25

[quote name='sfi' timestamp='1517787337' post='944192']
When you start a bidding table and sit in a seat, all unoccupied and unreserved seats get a button that says "Click for Robot". Click that and you will get what you are looking for. You can even specify hands for them the same way you do for North/South.
[/quote

#4 User is online   smerriman 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2018-February-04, 18:33

I think you need to start a teaching table (also under practice) instead of a bidding table.

#5 User is online   sfi 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2018-February-04, 18:41

View Postsmerriman, on 2018-February-04, 18:33, said:

I think you need to start a teaching table (also under practice) instead of a bidding table.

We use the bidding table with robots all the time. I do start it from the desktop interface, so the mobile version may have different features.

#6 User is online   smerriman 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2018-February-04, 18:47

View Postsfi, on 2018-February-04, 18:41, said:

We use the bidding table with robots all the time. I do start it from the desktop interface, so the mobile version may have different features.

Odd - I only use the desktop version. If you select Bidding Table, you're asked to choose "Opponents' bidding" from either "Pass throughout" or "Controlled by host" - in neither case can I set a robot West/East. (Robot North or South works fine, as long as you sit in the opposite seat).

#7 User is online   sfi 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2018-February-04, 20:56

On the screen you are talking about, choose "Pass throughout" and click "Start Table". Once you have sat down, you get the option to "Click for Robot" on each chair.

It's all free and you can add three robots to the table and practice bidding by yourself, just to make sure it works.

#8 User is online   smerriman 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2018-February-04, 21:06

Ha. So it does. No idea how I missed that all of the times in the past, and when checking and double checking before replying here :/ Have used the free north/south robots so many times too.

#9 User is offline   Shugart23 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2018-February-05, 13:27

Thanks.....in teaching mode, I was able to get to set up a table with partner against 2 robots who actively bid....so far so good.....once we finish the bidding, all the hands become exposed and we can evaluate if we ended up in the right contract....This is probably 90 percent of what we want, but just the same, it would also be fun to play....Does anyone know if this is just how it goes ? or is there a way for us to play after we have bid the hand ?

It's my current thinking (and I could be wrong) that if we just set up a table not through teaching mode, we cannot specify the hand types.....Thnaks again for any comments

#10 User is online   sfi 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2018-February-05, 14:33

If you want to play against robots you need to pay for them, and I am sure someone else will have details about how that works.

#11 User is offline   Shugart23 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2018-February-05, 15:01

I have paid for robots...that isn't the issue....It seems that in the 'teaching' path, I can set the parameters for bidding, practice the bidding with partners and with interference and then see all the hands but cannot play.....It also seems that if I go down the 'pick a table' I can play but unfortunately cannot set specific hand types to practice a specific convention bidding...

What I want to do, say as an example, is give North (my partner), unlimited number of hands containing 6+ Diamonds and 5-18 HCP and then we practice our bidding against two active robots ...I can get this done.....but once the bidding is done, we cannot play the hand out..........It is enough for us to be able to bid and then look at the hands to see if we ended up where we wanted, but it would be more fun to play them out....I haven't figured out if or how I can do this.

I must be missing something obvious or else it cannot be done....Does anybody know ?

#12 User is online   sfi 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2018-February-05, 15:15

My misunderstanding - that question I can't answer.

#13 User is online   smerriman 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2018-February-05, 15:44

The last paragraph here sounds like what you want:

http://www.bridgebas...hing-table.html

#14 User is offline   Shugart23 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2018-February-05, 16:01

View Postsmerriman, on 2018-February-05, 15:44, said:

The last paragraph here sounds like what you want: