• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Turkish operation in Syria

#1 User is offline   MrAce 

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2018-January-24, 10:15

I am not a TRT or Turkish government fan. In fact I am opposed to most of their way of handling things. But on this one, in this video they pretty much sums it up very well.
https://www.youtube....h?v=u8Zx4kHLZPQ

More related videos.

https://www.youtube....h?v=mjPKxUi8EkA

What pisses me off the most is, each time Erdogan runs out of support, USA comes up with something that allows him to gain his support back. US based funny coup attempt, arming the Kurds and not even backing them up militarily. It is like...WH is working hard to make sure Erdogan never loses an election, despite they look in conflict with Erdogan on paper.
"Genius has its own limitations, however stupidity has no such boundaries!"
"It's only when a mosquito lands on your testicles that you realize there is always a way to solve problems without using violence!"

"Well to be perfectly honest, in my humble opinion, of course without offending anyone who thinks differently from my point of view, but also by looking into this matter in a different perspective and without being condemning of one's view's and by trying to make it objectified, and by considering each and every one's valid opinion, I honestly believe that I completely forgot what I was going to say."

#2 User is offline   Winstonm 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Art, music

Posted 2018-January-24, 11:22

View PostMrAce, on 2018-January-24, 10:15, said:

I am not a TRT or Turkish government fan. In fact I am opposed to most of their way of handling things. But on this one, in this video they pretty much sums it up very well.
https://www.youtube....h?v=u8Zx4kHLZPQ

More related videos.

https://www.youtube....h?v=mjPKxUi8EkA

What pisses me off the most is, each time Erdogan runs out of support, USA comes up with something that allows him to gain his support back. US based funny coup attempt, arming the Kurds and not even backing them up militarily. It is like...WH is working hard to make sure Erdogan never loses an election, despite they look in conflict with Erdogan on paper.

I'm glad you brought this up as I wanted to ask you your opinion. The only thing I have to go on is the news here and that indicates that the U.S. has abandoned the same Kurds who helped in the fight against Isis.
"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere." Black Lives Matter. / "I need ammunition, not a ride." Zelensky

#3 User is offline   helene_t 

• The Abbess
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2018-January-24, 16:54

Hmmm I really don't know anything about this so I should probably try not to be argumentative :)

The video claims that YPG has links to PKK. I wonder how big a threat an YPG controlled Northern Syria poses to Turkey. Probably nobody knows. Presumably the mere existence of a Kurdish state in Iraq and the prospect of a Kurdish state in Syria would always influence Kurdish separatism in Turkey, even if we imagine that they don't provide direct military support.

Another thing: What does Erdogan want to achieve?
- Taking control of Northern Syria? But that would just create even more Kurdish people and Kurdish rebels within areas controlled by Turkey and would be a recipe for a fusion between YPG and PKK
- Handing it over to Assad? But I thought that Turkey's policy towards Syria was primarily anti-Assad. Turkey bought oil from Daesh while insisting that UN and NATO policies should be targeted at Asad.
- Creating a power vacuum? That would always be the worst possible outcome. Libya today is worse off than it was under Gaddafi.
The world would be such a happy place, if only everyone played Acol :) --- TramTicket

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users