Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

dreadful Flash Player ruins BBO

#1 User is offline   Ovis 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2018-January-18, 03:28

As I expressed here many times, the worst decision of BBO administrators was taking away the Windows client to BBO prematurely and turning mandatory the Browser version, which requires Flash Player to run (improperly - count your crashes).

In the meantime everybody with some IT judgement states severe warnings and most browsers block it unless you insist in an exception - which of course is all the time being nagged by your memory management, your firewall and what else.

Now even Adobe states that obsolete Flash Player makes no sense anymore and will be terminated in 2020. I am curious what will be the reaction of administrators! As they chose mandatory Browser/Flash version uniquely (my interpretation) for giving access to rotating adds servers, that are a nuisance during play and constantly put at risk stability of the client performance.

#2 User is offline   diana_eva 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2018-January-18, 03:51

View PostOvis, on 2018-January-18, 03:28, said:

As I expressed here many times, the worst decision of BBO administrators was taking away the Windows client to BBO prematurely and turning mandatory the Browser version, which requires Flash Player to run (improperly - count your crashes).

In the meantime everybody with some IT judgement states severe warnings and most browsers block it unless you insist in an exception - which of course is all the time being nagged by your memory management, your firewall and what else.

Now even Adobe states that obsolete Flash Player makes no sense anymore and will be terminated in 2020. I am curious what will be the reaction of administrators! As they chose mandatory Browser/Flash version uniquely (my interpretation) for giving access to rotating adds servers, that are a nuisance during play and constantly put at risk stability of the client performance.

Use this link:

http://www.bridgebase.com/mobile/

#3 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2018-January-18, 09:36

View PostOvis, on 2018-January-18, 03:28, said:

Our HTML5/Javascript version will be ready well before then.

#4 User is offline   jandrew 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2018-January-18, 10:16

Our HTML5/Javascript version will be ready well before then

Will the HTML/JavaScript version allow :
  • saving chat to a file on the player's computer?
  • saving hands and play to a file on the player's computer?

Both as was the case with the Windows version.

#5 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2018-January-19, 11:02

At the moment it's just a desktop version of the mobile app, with some layout differences to take advantage of the larger screen. The eventual plan is for it to have most of the functionality of the current web version.

Capabilities that we never copied from the Windows version to the web version are way down on the priority list, if on it at all.

#6 User is offline   jandrew 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2018-January-19, 15:54

At the moment it's just a desktop version of the mobile app, with some layout differences to take advantage of the larger screen. The eventual plan is for it to have most of the functionality of the current web version.

Capabilities that we never copied from the Windows version to the web version are way down on the priority list, if on it at all.

Thanks for the info.

#7 User is offline   pescetom 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2018-January-20, 08:03

View Postdiana_eva, on 2018-January-18, 03:51, said:

thanks, it looks good.
Maybe the green background could be a little more green?

It doesn't fix any of my pet hates in the standard version, such as the inconsistent behaviour when one clicks on one's own username hoping to see the profile, but I guess that wasn't the objective.

#8 User is offline   diana_eva 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2018-January-20, 08:11

View Postpescetom, on 2018-January-20, 08:03, said:

thanks, it looks good.
Maybe the green background could be a little more green?

It doesn't fix any of my pet hates in the standard version, such as the inconsistent behaviour when one clicks on one's own username hoping to see the profile, but I guess that wasn't the objective.

It's in the works, this is an unpolished version that we're passing around to people who can't use flash. It's not linked anywhere visible yet.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users