BBO Discussion Forums: BBO Tournament Completion Rate problem - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

BBO Tournament Completion Rate problem

#1 User is offline   LanderBG 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2018-January-17, 03:51

Hello, I am member of BBO for more than 15 years i guess.I usually play at tables and robot tournaments lately.I have a regular partner for a while and we decided to join some BBO tournament, but it says that my TCR is lower than expected to join the tournaments.In the past i played tournaments a lot and never had such problems.I tried several tournaments and always the same message.I tried to buy some BBO Dollars, played some tournaments but it did not affected my TCR rating at all.It says "UNKNOWN". It is really very frustrating.Please let me now which tournaments i should play to increase my TCR.It is kind of weird that BBo wants you to have some Completion rating, but does not allow you to play and achieve it.

#2 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2018-January-17, 11:24

In order to get a TCR you have to play at least 10 tournaments in a 60 day period. You played 7 tourneys in December, that's not enough.

See http://www.bridgebas...tion_rates.html for more details about how TCR and MCR are calculated.

#3 User is offline   ravishi 

• Pip

Posted 2019-February-12, 09:10

Hello, I am member of BBO and usually play at tables and tournaments. My TCR is lower than 90 making me unable to join the Express 90 tournaments. I have played many tournaments but my score is not increasing. I tried several substitute tournaments also but on score i get same message. Please let me now which tournaments i should play to increase my TCR. Thanks

#4 User is offline   barmar 

Posted 2019-February-12, 09:26

View Postravishi, on 2019-February-12, 09:10, said:

Hello, I am member of BBO and usually play at tables and tournaments. My TCR is lower than 90 making me unable to join the Express 90 tournaments. I have played many tournaments but my score is not increasing. I tried several substitute tournaments also but on score i get same message. Please let me now which tournaments i should play to increase my TCR. Thanks

The easiest way is to play robot duplicate and instant robot duplicate tournaments.

Daylongs don't affect TCR at all.

#5 User is offline   ravishi 

• Pip

Posted 2019-February-12, 09:36

DEAR SIR - MY TCR IS CONTIOUSLY GOING DOWN =- DESPITE THE FACT THAT I PLAY MANY TOURNAMENTS. CAN YOU PLEASE CHECK - I THINK THERE IS SOME ERROR IN CALCULATIONS - PLEASE CHECK AND RECTIFY - THANKS

#6 User is offline   ravishi 

• Pip

Posted 2019-February-12, 09:42

View Postbarmar, on 2019-February-12, 09:26, said:

The easiest way is to play robot duplicate and instant robot duplicate tournaments.

Daylongs don't affect TCR at all.

WILL BECOMING SUBSTITUTE HELP ??

#7 User is offline   barmar 

Posted 2019-February-12, 09:42

You're going to need to play (and complete) a LOT of tourneys to improve your TCR, though. It's calculated based on a rolling 60 day period, so as you play new tourneys, your old tourneys fall out of the calculation. You completed most of your oldest tourneys, so completing the same number of new tournaments will just keep your TCR the same. If you play 20 tourneys in the next week, 11 old tourneys will be thrown out, and you completed 10 of them, so your TCR will increase from 79% to 82%. If you play 40, it will increase to 85%. You need to play and finish 100 tourneys in the next week to get up to 90%.

#8 User is offline   barmar 

Posted 2019-February-12, 09:50

View Postravishi, on 2019-February-12, 09:36, said:

DEAR SIR - MY TCR IS CONTIOUSLY GOING DOWN =- DESPITE THE FACT THAT I PLAY MANY TOURNAMENTS. CAN YOU PLEASE CHECK - I THINK THERE IS SOME ERROR IN CALCULATIONS - PLEASE CHECK AND RECTIFY - THANKS

Please stop shouting.

You have entered 108 tourneys in the past 60 days. You completed 86 of them.

In the past month you entered 48 Free Automated Fun tourneys, and dropped out of 11 of them.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users