Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Poor loser behaviour

#1 User is offline   Betsy35 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2018-January-14, 10:44

Has anyone else notice the latest trend on BBO i.e. to eject your partner when you stuff up yourself? Does anyone else feel that the standard of sportsmanship and general behaviour is deteriorating steadily? Is this a 'Lord of the Flies' scenario? Just sayin'.

#2 User is offline   nige1 

• 5-level belongs to me
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Interests:Poems Computers

Posted 2018-January-14, 12:33

View PostBetsy35, on 2018-January-14, 10:44, said:

Has anyone else notice the latest trend on BBO i.e. to eject your partner when you stuff up yourself? Does anyone else feel that the standard of sportsmanship and general behaviour is deteriorating steadily? Is this a 'Lord of the Flies' scenario? Just sayin'.
Not a new trend, unfortunately :( The worst and nastiest players eject the most :( Perhaps the software should record this and allow you to set an appropriate filter.

#3 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2018-January-14, 23:49

We used to keep track of table hosts who do lots of booting, I'm not sure if we still do it any more.

Anyway, if you don't like the behavior of other table hosts, you can always start your own table. Then you get to make the rules.

#4 User is offline   LBengtsson 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2018-January-15, 23:45

I understand this post now. like bullying at school. it has happens to me. i just ignore player after this happen and play another table. i have had hosts who boot opponents also!!! just for laugh. they are idiot. there are plenty nice players on here. find them or you be host at youre table. make friend nice players and ignore nasty players.

#5 User is offline   661_Pete 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 2018-January-16, 03:14

This hasn't happened to me too often - thankfully! But one point I'd like to note: it's impossible for the other two players at the table (i.e. not the host and not the person booted) to tell, whether a player has been 'booted', or whether they have left of their own accord. Would it be possible for the software to be amended so as to make this information visible?

#6 User is online   pescetom 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2018-January-16, 13:26

View Post661_Pete, on 2018-January-16, 03:14, said:

But one point I'd like to note: it's impossible for the other two players at the table (i.e. not the host and not the person booted) to tell, whether a player has been 'booted', or whether they have left of their own accord. Would it be possible for the software to be amended so as to make this information visible?

I agree with this request.

I would also like the software to be amended so as to require host to supply a motive for booting a player, to communicate this motive to the player booted and to register this information against both players for future analysis.

#7 User is offline   OldPlayr 

• PipPipPip

Posted 2018-January-18, 12:41

Play with robots. They have good manners and never seem to complain.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users