• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

play 4S after LHO shows the minors

#1 User is offline   manudude03 

• - - A AKQJT9876543
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2018-January-10, 18:01

You are playing 4S and LHO leads the A followed by the T. Your plan?
Wayne Somerville

#2 User is offline   MrAce 

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2018-January-10, 20:08

View Postmanudude03, on 2018-January-10, 18:01, said:

You are playing 4S and LHO leads the A followed by the T. Your plan?

From what I see, W does not have both honors or he would have led one. He did not lead so I expect him to hold at least 2 of them. So I expect W to hold something like 0256 (if he has 1255 better for me) It will probably come down to guessing who has the Q if that is the case but I will play E to have it I guess.

I cover T with the J of because I can not afford East to discard a diamond on T Posted Image I need him to follow the diamonds as I ruff.

A- E ruffs J with 6 : Then I over ruff and ruff a diamond to dummy, come to hand with finesse and ruff another play 3rd .
a1- If E discards a on 3rd I ruff and play 4th and ruff in dummy, E over ruffs.(their 2nd trick) and if he plays he has AQ left, if he plays I win in dummy and play and claim.
a2-If E ruffs with T on 3rd , I discard a (loser on loser) and play a spade from dummy when in with K.

B-If E discards a on J : So do I. and rest is same as before.
"Genius has its own limitations, however stupidity has no such boundaries!"
"It's only when a mosquito lands on your testicles that you realize there is always a way to solve problems without using violence!"

"Well to be perfectly honest, in my humble opinion, of course without offending anyone who thinks differently from my point of view, but also by looking into this matter in a different perspective and without being condemning of one's view's and by trying to make it objectified, and by considering each and every one's valid opinion, I honestly believe that I completely forgot what I was going to say."

#3 User is offline   manudude03 

• - - A AKQJT9876543
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2018-January-11, 06:54

View PostMrAce, on 2018-January-10, 20:08, said:

I cover T with the J of because I can not afford East to discard a diamond on T Posted Image [size="2"]

I started the same way, but
Spoiler

Wayne Somerville

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users