BBO Discussion Forums: alert requests during bidding cause concentration loss - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

alert requests during bidding cause concentration loss concern regarding alert requests during bidding process...

#1 User is offline   lesmatte 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2018-January-07, 13:44

I am concerned that alert requests during the course of opponent bidding could be effectively used to change opponent focus...wouldn't it be fairer to ask all questions regarding bidding prior to card play...there are a couple of instances, where the interruption creates unfair advantage special after their partner has already answered the bid...such as going back two bids and asking what a bid was about, while the bidder being questioned is the bidder at that moment thinking. I believe it can be a technique, and rules should be created to make sure it is not used... personally, I have seen it effectively used on numerous occasions, and may consider whether it is a tool and something that should exploit????

#2 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2018-January-07, 13:53

Asking during the bidding, by clicking on the bid, ensures that the explanation will be included as part of the hand record. Chat messages aren't saved there.

The best thing for you to do is put the explanation in when you're making the alertable bid.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users