• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Mobile app 5.0.6 feedback thread

#21 User is offline   spockie 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2017-December-11, 22:48

Is it possible to go back to the old app? I don't like this new app. I can't see the results while I am playing. I don't like clicking on history, because then I can't see the cards. I want to be able to see the results next to the cards in play as before in the old app. I also want to be able to see what the other tables did on each board. I don't think this is an improvement at all. What is the point of the new app when it has fewer features than the old app?

#22 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2017-December-12, 08:26

View Postspockie, on 2017-December-11, 22:48, said:

IWhat is the point of the new app when it has fewer features than the old app?

Switching from obsolete Flash to modern HTML5.

#23 User is offline   spockie 

• Pip

Posted 2017-December-13, 12:19

View Postbarmar, on 2017-December-12, 08:26, said:

Switching from obsolete Flash to modern HTML5.

Are you planning on restoring some of the nice features of the old app, such as:
* being able to see the scores of the hands played without having to open a new window that obscures the playing area?
* being able to see the scores of all other pairs that have played the same hand?

Also - I find the responsiveness of clicking on the cards to play them on this app is really awful. Sometimes I can't get the card I want to play to move, so I have to choose a different one - that is stupid. I am using a Samsung Android tablet.

I use the app on my tablet when I am at the gym on the treadmill. I used to play about 3 robot tournaments during my workout. When I tried it on Monday, playing one tournament on the new app was so painful that I didn't try to play any others. I will have to find something other than BBO to entertain me while I'm on the treadmill, which is not what I prefer.

#24 User is offline   mink 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2017-December-13, 16:42

In recent tourneys my partner played with the app, and it looked like her explanations attached to a call were not shown to anybody but to herself. First I suspected some handling error, but tonight I tested this with a teaching table. It turned out that explanations that were typed in before making the call were ok. But explanations entered after the call are indeed not transmitted. I find it strange that this was not yet reported by someone else.

#25 User is offline   xbabarx 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 2017-December-17, 00:51

BBO free day long tournament: couldn't register, exceeded free limit, since yesterday

#26 User is offline   barmar 

Posted 2017-December-17, 09:39

View Postxbabarx, on 2017-December-17, 00:51, said:

BBO free day long tournament: couldn't register, exceeded free limit, since yesterday

You can only play 3 free daylongs a week, it doesn't matter which client you use.

#27 User is offline   Dadeliva 

• Pip

Posted 2017-December-21, 00:30

Please post here feedback, comments, suggestions, bug reports.
[/

There is a bug when playing with a robot in a bidding sequence where after rkc blackwood a queen asking bid is made. A reply showing the queen and another king gives an error message and is not possible Currently I (dadeliva) am busy with a challenge and the robot is stuck I play with the mobile app on android

#28 User is offline   jacquee 

• Pip

Posted 2017-December-26, 11:08

View Postzzxjoanw, on 2017-December-10, 18:03, said:

Why doesn't the Android app have an easy way to see the results at other tables?

My friends who use iOS tell me that they have an additional blue button to see the other tables, but I don't have it:

Posted Image

I second this. I use those other table stats to learn; so, i am really missing thks feature on the new app.

#29 User is offline   barmar 

Posted 2017-December-27, 09:31

View Postjacquee, on 2017-December-26, 11:08, said:

I second this. I use those other table stats to learn; so, i am really missing thks feature on the new app.

You can find them in the History tab.

#30 User is offline   Ant590 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2017-December-28, 23:54

On Android, I've found the following behaviour very annoying/frustrating:

The "app back" chevron (top left) acts as you would expect: it goes back within BBO. However, the "system back" button (on most phones bottom left) acts as a "exit" button for the app.

This is contrary to how most Android apps work, e.g. web browsers when the system back button is back in the browser. It is pretty natural for Android users to use the system back button and expect to stay within the app - there are two other system buttons to get out of an app, why include a third?

#31 User is offline   Ant590 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2017-December-28, 23:56

View Postbarmar, on 2017-December-27, 09:31, said:

You can find them in the History tab.

Introducing extra clicks for such a commonly-used feature seems a step backwards to me. The old app did not have his merry-go-round of clicks to see the other tables.

#32 User is offline   fred 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2017-December-29, 07:13

View PostAnt590, on 2017-December-28, 23:56, said:

Introducing extra clicks for such a commonly-used feature seems a step backwards to me. The old app did not have his merry-go-round of clicks to see the other tables.

Actually it is the same number of clicks as before (or 1 click fewer if you used "Show Results" then "Show Details" to see other table results with the old version). Also in the new software there is much more you can do/see in terms of results without leaving the table-screen (especially for team matches and vugraph where you can see the other table results without leaving the table-screen).

But I agree there is something awkward about how the History area works. I am sure we will try to improve things in future updates. Thanks for your patience.

Fred Gitelman
Bridge Base Inc.
www.bridgebase.com

#33 User is offline   cherdano 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2017-December-30, 10:34

View PostAnt590, on 2017-December-28, 23:54, said:

On Android, I've found the following behaviour very annoying/frustrating:

The "app back" chevron (top left) acts as you would expect: it goes back within BBO. However, the "system back" button (on most phones bottom left) acts as a "exit" button for the app.

This is contrary to how most Android apps work, e.g. web browsers when the system back button is back in the browser. It is pretty natural for Android users to use the system back button and expect to stay within the app - there are two other system buttons to get out of an app, why include a third?

Agree with this. Seems like developer guidelines actually discourage to even create a back button within the app:
https://developer.an...n/temporal.html
The easiest way to count losers is to line up the people who talk about loser count, and count them. -Kieran Dyke

#34 User is offline   eddiiiiiii 

• Pip

Posted 2018-January-26, 11:19

High and been using iPad for a while. Finally found "other tables" on my own.

I understand that app conception can be complicated but the " chat" button which opens a pop up which requires a second tap on that window to start the virtual keyboard is not very conducive for socializing or berating the hell out of your partner- haha just kidding. How about a first menu heading "chat to table" and open the keyboard directly? Remember that every chat requires a Guy Lombardo before we can type. Thanx

#35 User is offline   Jayneami 

• Pip

Posted 2018-February-11, 16:44

I am having trouble running the app on Wi-Fi. I can't get on unless I shut off the Wi-Fi but that eats a ton of data. Any thoughts or suggestions?

#36 User is offline   barmar 

Posted 2018-February-12, 09:23

View PostJayneami, on 2018-February-11, 16:44, said:

I am having trouble running the app on Wi-Fi. I can't get on unless I shut off the Wi-Fi but that eats a ton of data. Any thoughts or suggestions?

Does this happen at different hotspots?

Have you tried running a speed test on your WiFi to make sure it's working well?

#37 User is offline   willib108 

• Pip

Posted 2018-March-24, 14:53

The new app for Android is a MAJOR step backward. Awful.

#38 User is offline   kronolith 

• Pip

Posted 2018-March-30, 08:24

It would be an improvement to have names that include diacritics displayed correctly instead of having non-English characters replaced by the hexagonal ? sign.

#39 User is offline   nekthen 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2018-April-10, 05:30

Please sort out history to show We They scoring not NS EW scoring
It is really difficult especially in a tournament when you are not always the same polarity

#40 User is offline   skx 

• Pip

Posted 2018-April-18, 07:23

Great developments.

The one thing that winds me up, is the use of back button at the bottom right of my Samsung screen.

In most apps it works as a back button within the app, but if I use it in the BBO app it closes the app.
Can you make it work as a back button in the app, as I have a habit of using it within other apps
and accidentally closing the BBO app is annoying?

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users