BBO Discussion Forums: How do students find their teacher's table to kibitz? - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

How do students find their teacher's table to kibitz? Not all students are playing at seats

#1 User is offline   MojoLA 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2020-June-02, 10:11

I have a practice session tonight with four students who will be playing in seats at a teaching table, and a couple others who will be kibitzing.

I can see how to invite the players into seats.

How do the kibitzers find the table?

I created a table just now. I sat in one chair, and added three robots. The table doesn't seem to appear anywhere in the list of "tables to watch." It's not invisible and kibitzers are allowed.

Mojo

#2 User is offline   MojoLA 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2020-June-02, 10:22

I figured out a way to do it, but it's a little convoluted.

First, the kibitzing students need to add the teacher's BBO ID to their Friends list.

Then you have to NOT be on the Casual play server. Apparently the teaching tables are on the competitive or "home" server.

When the table is live, click on the Host's name in the friends list, and notice the "Join" button in the title bar.

Join the table.

(Is that it?)

Mojo

#3 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2020-June-03, 09:04

View PostMojoLA, on 2020-June-02, 10:22, said:

Then you have to NOT be on the Casual play server. Apparently the teaching tables are on the competitive or "home" server.

Teaching tables should be on the Casual server, unless the teacher is using the old version of BBO.

But you can join on whatever server the teacher is using. If you don't see them on the main server, switch to the Casual server.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users