BBO Discussion Forums: How to find partners for BBO tournaments? - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

How to find partners for BBO tournaments?

#1 User is offline   zzxjoanw 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2017-November-23, 15:45

I play in free BBO tournaments sometimes, but most of the time I get rejected by 3-4 users at the partnership desk and give up. Is it because I play weird conventions, or because I don't have masterpoints, or is there something sketchy about my profile? Or is this normal?

https://i.imgur.com/CndSFDh.png

(BTW: yes, I use a fake name to protect my privacy)

#2 User is offline   steve2005 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Interests:Bridge duh!

Posted 2017-November-23, 16:13

People get rejected for all sorts of reasons or simply no reason.
Your conventions are pretty normal. Only thing unusual is 1N semi-forcing but not something I would turn somebody down for.
Some people are snobs about points but points do not mean a person is better or will match better with someone.
Sarcasm is a state of mind

#3 User is offline   nige1 

• 5-level belongs to me
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Interests:Poems Computers

Posted 2017-November-24, 00:31

Your profile is fine. Persevere until you make "friends". There's little more that you can do, short of claiming to be "world-class" or "expert" :)

#4 User is offline   silvr bull 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2017-November-24, 01:57

When there is nothing better to do, play in an individual. Then look for players there who you think you can tolerate as partners. After the session, send them complimentary messages about how well they did, say you added them to your friends list, and ask if they would like to play again sometime. Use your friends list before you try to play with strangers. If someone you are following is online when you want to play a tournament, send them a chat message asking if they want to play. When playing in a tournament, do the same with opps you would like to play with as partners. Soon your friends list will be so full that you need to prune out the ones you do not like so much.

#5 User is offline   diana_eva 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2017-November-24, 06:42

I've made most friends playing in Main Bridge Club for what is worth. I made a few in tourneys too, but in Main you get to know more people. The option to List Interesting Tables is pretty decent, at least for me. I found several very compatible partners that way.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users