• You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Mobile app 5.0 feedback thread

#21 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2017-November-09, 09:52

View Postmoogal, on 2017-November-09, 09:43, said:

Using the updated app, and watching vugraph today at a table with voice commentary I was unable to see the voice "box" or anywhere I could press to bring one up. Can anyone help? Thank you.

The technology we use for voice commentary is not compatible with the new design. We decided that it was more important to get the new version out than wait until we figured out how to solve this.

#22 User is offline   barmar 

Posted 2017-November-09, 09:54

View PostBende, on 2017-November-09, 04:19, said:

In the new version of the app (iPhone version), I cannot find the "Start listening" button to hear the voice commentary. Has it been removed?

The technology we use for voice commentary is not compatible with the new version. We're looking into replacing it, but we haven't solved this problem yet.

#23 User is offline   moogal 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2017-November-09, 10:25

View Postbarmar, on 2017-November-09, 09:52, said:

The technology we use for voice commentary is not compatible with the new design. We decided that it was more important to get the new version out than wait until we figured out how to solve this.

Is it possible to revert to the previous version? I really miss the voice!

#24 User is offline   diana_eva 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2017-November-09, 13:19

I merged all threads discussing new mobile app into one single app 5.0 feedback thread.

#25 User is offline   ksk2005 

• PipPip

Posted 2017-November-09, 13:55

View Postdiana_eva, on 2017-November-09, 13:19, said:

I merged all threads discussing new mobile app into one single app 5.0 feedback thread.

Results in history is extremely confusing,! I really wonder whoever designed/programmed this version checked it out from a player point of view. I get the impression the s/w designers and testers at BBO are not bridge players. The old result screen was perfect after each round

#26 User is offline   Jrbva 

• Pip

Posted 2017-November-09, 14:52

Awful app! Please go back to the old app. Not acceptable without landscape. Screen is so distracting I cannot concentrate on the play of the hand. Very poor job of programming.

#27 User is offline   570lex 

• Pip

Posted 2017-November-09, 15:01

Very bad joke. I won’t use this new app. Nothing good about it. They should put it back into development and reintroduce the old one.

#28 User is offline   jenny1883 

• Pip

Posted 2017-November-09, 17:35

This is absolutely ridiculous. PLEASE change this back so that I can play bridge in landscape mode. What were you thinking please see everyone’s feedback. I paid for this game and have been playing it for years. PLEASE FIX THIS ASAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#29 User is offline   julyjulie 

• Pip

Posted 2017-November-09, 17:56

View Postbarmar, on 2017-November-09, 09:52, said:

Obviously your response to users frustrations is saying, hey we decided this that way, live with it. It’s wrong, you should take consideration of what we are saying if you want to stay ahead. This upda5ed version is not a liitle bad, it’s much much worst than it was. For my part, ive started looking for other apps who take their users into consideration. Very bad marketing skills at BBO!!!

#30 User is offline   baystate 

• PipPip

Posted 2017-November-09, 21:09

A few thoughts after two days of use.

The good:
It is much faster.

I really like seeing previous hands at the table.

Chat can scroll (finally!)

The bad:
Chat takes up too much screen space and chat box stays open until you manually close it.

Bidding box of all bids takes up too much screen real estate.

Table settings revert to default (IMPs, first two settings on, others off.) Previous version remembered how you last set and used that as default.

A table with all seats reserved is listed as “open.” It used to be listed as “full.” This is a big deal st TP Bridge Club.

No way to change size of chat area.

No way to make player profile with chat box smaller. It covers too much of screen so you can’t see hands.

One big picture suggestion: have the app beta tested by power users before release. I volunteer.

#31 User is offline   flutterby6 

• Pip

Posted 2017-November-09, 21:53

Please bring back landscape mode. It is so awkward and can be painful to hold a tablet in portrait mode. I can’t believe you did this. Have you guys ever played on a tablet

#32 User is offline   flutterby6 

• Pip

Posted 2017-November-09, 22:03

Portrait is impossible. Please bring back landscape. Also took me forever to figure out how to post a comment

#33 User is offline   lhs1 

• Pip

Posted 2017-November-09, 23:19

I’m very disappointed in the new format. The portrait mode is terrible. The play of the cards doesn’t really line up with the players. The screen is very light, the font small and the location of different pop up boxes are in awkward spots so it makes it harder to see the info. And where are the results comparison? Very important! Is there some way to go back to the old format?

#34 User is offline   slg1956 

• Pip

Posted 2017-November-09, 23:55

Agree that no landscape mode is horrible. Am I supposed to remove my iPad from the keyboard case each time I want to play? And then hold it all the time? Or just have the keyboard flapping around and hold it horizontally? I'm no Luddite, but this is a big backwards step.

#35 User is offline   Geofpilot 

• Pip

Posted 2017-November-10, 01:07

Will not be using anymore- whole interface is horrible.

#36 User is offline   new_deal 

• Pip

Posted 2017-November-10, 02:22

Portrait mode is not ergonomic for me,

Resultswindow and the other table C over annoyingly cards beeing played, ie Windows does not find any Free field on the screen

New version really is faster, cards, bids and Finger push run out unwanted

#37 User is offline   gentgiant 

• PipPip

Posted 2017-November-10, 03:22

[size="5"][/size]What is disappointing is the response to complaints.

Prickly. Defensive, basically saying the user/customer is always wrong.
And no accouof previous complaints about ads on the app. Rewrite would have allowed removal of ads with an option to purchase the app...free users still seeing the ads.

On an iPad mini or iPhone too much screen space is wasted on the ads.

And, as with many others, lack of landscape is the real deal-breaker.

#38 User is offline   kronolith 

• Pip

Posted 2017-November-10, 03:26

This is a great improvement. Updated UI, more responsive on iOS 11. Look forward to landscape and voice, but am happy to wait. Well done.

#39 User is offline   Chefmaggie 

• Pip

Posted 2017-November-10, 07:10

The heading on IPad has been removed...I like seeing the time and Internet bars.

I see the cc choices, but do not know how to post a cc when I am playing

#40 User is offline   barmar 

Posted 2017-November-10, 09:37

View Postjulyjulie, on 2017-November-09, 17:56, said:

Obviously your response to users frustrations is saying, hey we decided this that way, live with it.

That's not it at all.

The old version was used Flash (the mobile app uses Adobe AIR, which is simply Flash outside the browser). As many users have reminded us, Flash is going away soon, we had to rewrite using more modern software (HTML5, Javascript, Phonegap). The urgency of this meant we couldn't wait until we implemented everything in the old app.

We'd been dragging our feet on this for too long.

• 7 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users