• « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Mobile app 5.0 feedback thread

#81 User is online   johnu 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2017-November-15, 12:41

On a semi- related note, there was this thread, http://www.bridgebas...lea-bbo-forums/ trying to increase participation in the BBO forums.

This latest update to the Mobile App seems to have done just that :P

#82 User is offline   johnjo42 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2017-November-15, 16:27

I tried to give a “positive vote” to an earlier post on this thread but got a error message that I can’t because I’ve already used up my quota of positive votes for the day. I haven’t done any today or for the past few days so how can I have used them all up. Is this another bug in the new app.

#83 User is offline   dougka 

• Pip

Posted 2017-November-16, 01:38

Like the new way profiles display and that I can read them without them closing

#84 User is offline   dougka 

• Pip

Posted 2017-November-16, 01:38

Like the new way profiles display and that I can read them without them closing

#85 User is offline   bothyhead 

• PipPip

Posted 2017-November-16, 09:48

Android version 5.0.4 on a mobile phone.

The UI/UX is very disappointing; everything is too small: text, menus, cards, bidding box, and kibbing is practically impossible. I have a phone with a good screen size (HTC One M8, 5" viewable screen), but my eyes are straining to see anything comfortably.

In addition, I tried to rent a robot but was told I did not have enough funds in my account. I have 3.50 BB$.

#86 User is offline   bothyhead 

• PipPip

Posted 2017-November-16, 09:56

BTW, there seems to be a problem rendering Unicode characters. I kibbed a game in which M Grönkvis was playing, but "ö" did not display properly.

#87 User is offline   onenine 

• Pip

Posted 2017-November-16, 11:59

Why is it that the history of other player’s results are available when playing anonymously, but not when logged in and using the “just play bridge” option in Solitare?

#88 User is offline   diana_eva 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2017-November-16, 18:51

View Postonenine, on 2017-November-16, 11:59, said:

Why is it that the history of other player's results are available when playing anonymously, but not when logged in and using the "just play bridge" option in Solitare?

Because Just Play Bridge is not duplicate.

#89 User is offline   bethny 

• Pip

Posted 2017-November-16, 19:40

Day 2: my thumb, which suffered repetitive strain injury from a trackball years ago, now hurts from attempting to hold my tablet.

The thing I hate most about the revised software, after the absence of landscape mode, is the enormous box covering more than a quarter of the table, upper right quadrant, which at least in the ACBL robot tourneys, purports to tell you what each bid means. It distracts from the cards. I am unable to concentrate. I want it to go away. Please give me an option to make it disappear.

More than that, is the ACBL ok with this telling me what my bot partner’s bid means, and telling me what he understands my bid to mean? It feels like cheating. Perhaps it is a level playing field with other players in the ACBL robot tournaments, but it seems unfair to players also vying for ACBL points but in all-human tournaments.

And is there really no way to call the director in an ACBL tournament?

#90 User is offline   abitom 

• Pip

Posted 2017-November-17, 01:47

I regularly host table using my iPad. The new update makes it nearly impossible to ask friends if they want to join when seat free as random requests block the chat mechanism. You have to reject all these before you can see/use chat...which is slow and extremely irritating. New requests to join also prevent you checking profiles from earlier ones. Previously making the table invisible blocked requests but now this doesn’t seem to make any difference, The whole business is so much slower for players waiting as well...a nightmare not progress at all.

#91 User is offline   trevor294 

• Pip

Posted 2017-November-17, 01:55

Serious problem with colors.

My mother - who has used BBO for the last few months can no longer play the game. She updated the version and tried three times over the last week. The new color scheme is way too intense and has caused her great dizziness. Please revert the color scheme or add some more subtle skins to the game.

As for the landscape/portrait discussion - count both of us in the Landscape camp. In reality, my opinion is that was driven by ad revenue... with landscape mode there was not enough room on the screen To sell advertisements. Luckilly for me, I had not yet done a backup of my ipad to my itunes. So, I simply reverted to the previous release. Please just let us pay to get rid of the ad banner. Our old fingers have a hard enough time trying to hit the buttons in landscape mode - let alone portrait.

For other users: The link below outlines one simple method to downgrade your app to the previous version. You will want to follow option 2 in the article.
http://lifeinlofi.co...iphone-or-ipad/

#92 User is offline   trevor294 

• Pip

Posted 2017-November-17, 02:17

View Postjohnu, on 2017-November-15, 12:41, said:

On a semi- related note, there was this thread, http://www.bridgebas...lea-bbo-forums/ trying to increase participation in the BBO forums.

This latest update to the Mobile App seems to have done just that :P

The funny thing is that many of the users are making their first post related to the new version. I have used the application for almost 5 years with no posts until this version....

#93 User is offline   gwnn 

• Csaba the Hutt
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:bye

Posted 2017-November-17, 03:04

View Postjohnjo42, on 2017-November-15, 16:27, said:

I tried to give a “positive vote” to an earlier post on this thread but got a error message that I can’t because I’ve already used up my quota of positive votes for the day. I haven’t done any today or for the past few days so how can I have used them all up. Is this another bug in the new app.

New users can't upvote for a while (30 days I think).
... and I can prove it with my usual, flawless logic.
      George Carlin

#94 User is offline   bothyhead 

• PipPip

Posted 2017-November-17, 05:46

Here is what the review screen looks like on a mobile phone. How anyone is supposed to view this with any comfort is beyond me :(

Posted Image

#95 User is offline   alamosarti 

• Pip

Posted 2017-November-18, 23:20

Please, Please, PLEASE fix this mobile app so that it works in ‘landscape’ mode... Most everyone with an iPad, or similar device uses a keyboard where the screen is resting horizontally on the keyboard. Whoever set this up didn’t check first, I guess....

#96 User is offline   mobnoel 

• Pip

Posted 2017-November-19, 01:01

Many of my older friends who play this app on their iPads have stopped because they need the landscape version for vision problems. Don't like the new format, find it cumbersome.

#97 User is offline   rangrao 

• Pip

Posted 2017-November-19, 01:30

Most of the time messages received remain unsighted, it is because messages are appearing at right end corner,.this is frequently happening as we r looking at the middle portion of the screen. This happening with those who use IPAD., IT IS SUGGESTED TO SHIFT MESSAGE BAR ON THE TOP OF SCREEN .
SECOND THING WHICH I AM REQUESTING IS DISPLACE THE UNDO BUTTON FROM SCROLL AND BRING IT CLOSE TOTH BIDDING BAR. THIS WILL REDUCE THE TIME
TAKEN TO DO undo.
Third suggestion is regarding design of bbo opening page, it ha to be colourful

#98 User is offline   johnjo42 

• PipPip

Posted 2017-November-19, 11:48

View Postgwnn, on 2017-November-17, 03:04, said:

New users can't upvote for a while (30 days I think).

"New user?" Err, I joined BBO in 2006

#99 User is offline   gwnn 

• Csaba the Hutt
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:bye

Posted 2017-November-19, 11:51

View Postjohnjo42, on 2017-November-19, 11:48, said:

"New user?" Err, I joined BBO in 2006

There might be two cutoffs, one on days and another one on number of posts. Just post a lot of random stuff, that's how I got to 10k. :P In the meantime, I'm happy to upvote any posts you tell me to upvote.
... and I can prove it with my usual, flawless logic.
      George Carlin

#100 User is offline   sjcro 

• Pip

Posted 2017-November-19, 15:27

It is almost impossible to move the settings buttons on my iPad. I cannot turn off SOUND EFFECTS. I managed eventually, after about 100 tries, to turn on CONFIRM BIDS but then it reverted to OFF and I am stuck with it. I can mute the sounds, but I really need to be able to turn on CONFIRM BIDS so that I can see what my bid means to the robots. I really hope you can fix this. Maybe once landscape mode is fixed the buttons will work in landscape mode.

• 7 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users