Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

GIB software - out of resources?

#1 User is offline   virgosrock 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2017-October-18, 04:33

After experiencing many many oddities and weirdness with respect to GIB AND having worked in the world of High Performance Computing (HPC) I am convinced GIB just simply runs out of compute resources which would explain the strangeness. If it works as Cloud software it has several instances of the same application running and it just gets "tired" and does strange things.
The solution would be to have ONE instance of GIB software running to provide error-free service. However this would need expensive hardware. I know expensive hardware exists because I helped test it. But BBO does NOT care till a lawsuit happens which can happen ONLY in the context of money bridge on BBO. Public money is involved hence.....

virgosrock

#2 User is offline   nige1 

• 5-level belongs to me
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Interests:Poems Computers

Posted 2017-October-19, 03:00

View Postvirgosrock, on 2017-October-18, 04:33, said:

After experiencing many many oddities and weirdness with respect to GIB AND having worked in the world of High Performance Computing (HPC) I am convinced GIB just simply runs out of compute resources which would explain the strangeness. If it works as Cloud software it has several instances of the same application running and it just gets "tired" and does strange things.
The solution would be to have ONE instance of GIB software running to provide error-free service. However this would need expensive hardware. I know expensive hardware exists because I helped test it. But BBO does NOT care till a lawsuit happens which can happen ONLY in the context of money bridge on BBO. Public money is involved hence.....

It seems unlikely that GIb simply runs out of resources, because each quirk seems to be repeated, by the same level of Gib, in the same context, e.g. Challenge contests. Even in our mad world, I doubt that a player could mount a successful lawsuit.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users