BBO Discussion Forums: Guess the Clubs - BBO Discussion Forums

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Guess the Clubs

#41 User is offline   Lovera 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Interests:I'm also on YOUTUBE with a channel of music songs .

Posted 2017-October-24, 09:47

View Postlamford, on 2017-October-24, 04:09, said:

I liked the idea of bidding 5D and then giving in to 5S. However, if 5S comes round to you, the gambit of doubling and then pulling the redouble to 6D is inferior to the simple pass.

Certainly because all of it is done to avoid that N-S realize slam or to have by E-W an ultherior gain not sacrificing at higher level and than 5 is ok but is it possible this end considering the previously bidding ? As i have said this double can be useful to avoid 6.

#42 User is offline   FrancesHinden 

• Limit bidder
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Interests:Bridge, classical music, skiing... but I spend more time earning a living than doing any of those

Posted 2017-October-26, 18:12

View Postlamford, on 2017-October-23, 05:23, said:

The margin of victory in Jones v Black was 27 IMPs which was only 15-5. 28 IMPs would have been 16-4. Sadly, one of our team squandered an IMP by not finding a compound squeeze for the overtrick in 1NT (he has been subsequently benched). So, 1 IMP will matter some of the time. The winning margin, is, I think, a product of two Poisson distributions, and the chance of 1 IMP costing a VP is around 8%, which is much higher than the chance of it mattering in a KO match, so I don't understand your comment. 1 IMP is about 5 times as likely to matter in a league match converted to VPs than in a KO match.

....multiplied by the probability that 1 vp is meaningful in the final ranking i.e. Affects prizes or relegation....

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users