Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Needed GIB changes

#1 User is offline   tommyst 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2017-October-16, 07:18

There are some stuff that really have to change and I would say needs to be hard coded as GIB is not at the level to make accurate decisions.
1. Always return lead suit. (Rarely happens)
2. Never return suit played by declarer. (Happens all the time!)
3. Stop leading short suit. Might work at mp or if you are able to judge when to, which GIB is not. Usually short in declarers side suit and that is usually the end of that defense.
4. Reasonable competition bidding. If you for example opens 1s and then later on bid 4s when opponents bid 4h GIB take that close to 41-42 points and 14 card suit. In a lot of competition bidding you have to pass as your bids are considered as 23+ which is impossible as long as there are only 40 points in the deck. If you make those "23+ bids" GIB jumps to grand or dbl opponents next bid holding nothing.
5. With 10 card missing only the Q GIB ALWAYS finess without cashing A/K!
6. If passed in competition you don't have 17+ even if you bid later on.
7. Passed a few times and then double should not be for T/O. Seen that happen even at slam level... If opponents stop at say 4s without competition double is not T/O as you would have bid earlier.
8. Pass T/O, GIB almost always pass T/O at 4 level. Worst I've seen is 4sX and GIB passes with void s and an eight card suit. It is true! If you double 4s opening I thk the explanation is something like 13+ 2+s which is quite odd.

#2 User is offline   LBengtsson 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2017-October-16, 08:47

is that all?

#3 User is offline   virgosrock 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2017-October-18, 08:41

View Posttommyst, on 2017-October-16, 07:18, said:

There are some stuff that really have to change and I would say needs to be hard coded as GIB is not at the level to make accurate decisions.
1. Always return lead suit. (Rarely happens)
2. Never return suit played by declarer. (Happens all the time!)
3. Stop leading short suit. Might work at mp or if you are able to judge when to, which GIB is not. Usually short in declarers side suit and that is usually the end of that defense.
4. Reasonable competition bidding. If you for example opens 1s and then later on bid 4s when opponents bid 4h GIB take that close to 41-42 points and 14 card suit. In a lot of competition bidding you have to pass as your bids are considered as 23+ which is impossible as long as there are only 40 points in the deck. If you make those "23+ bids" GIB jumps to grand or dbl opponents next bid holding nothing.
5. With 10 card missing only the Q GIB ALWAYS finess without cashing A/K!
6. If passed in competition you don't have 17+ even if you bid later on.
7. Passed a few times and then double should not be for T/O. Seen that happen even at slam level... If opponents stop at say 4s without competition double is not T/O as you would have bid earlier.
8. Pass T/O, GIB almost always pass T/O at 4 level. Worst I've seen is 4sX and GIB passes with void s and an eight card suit. It is true! If you double 4s opening I thk the explanation is something like 13+ 2+s which is quite odd.

Hi tommyst we have played together in MB.
agreed #8 is the worst.
in general GIB does not know anything about sacrifices.
In general it leads from nothing especially in NT contracts. this I agree with. So many times contracts are made at opening lead.
It is always estimating the remaining distribution depends on cards played and remaining cards and bidding.
and finally <drum roll> its own money is never at risk so it does not worry about vulnerability.

virgosrock

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users