BBO Discussion Forums: BBF vs JEC Sat September 30 at 2PM EDT (8PM CET) - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

BBF vs JEC Sat September 30 at 2PM EDT (8PM CET) Please apply here if you'd like to play vs Jec on Sat

#1 User is offline   diana_eva 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2017-September-28, 12:05

Please apply here if you'd like to play vs Jec's team on Saturday at 2PM New York Time (8PM Central European Time)

#2 User is online   gszes 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2017-September-28, 18:26

available

#3 User is offline   yunling 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members
  • Interests:meteorology

Posted 2017-September-29, 20:32

I'll be here with my partner.
ningbian + yunling

#4 User is offline   diana_eva 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2017-September-30, 10:24

Need one more to partner George.

Yunlin & all, please be online 10 minutes before game time and send a private message to susina 8 to let her know you're online.

All undos accepted, no questions asked. Please alert and explain unusual agreements, preferably in private chat to opps if you're sitting at JEC's table (he doesn't see well if alerts made in the alert box)

#5 User is offline   The_Badger 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Bridge, Chess, Film, Literature, Herbal Medicine, Nutrition

Posted 2017-September-30, 14:21

I watched both tables tonight - I usually go out Saturday night in England but heavy rain everywhere. Good try BBO Forums. The match just ran away from you over the last few boards.

One LOL moment in the match was George's (gszes) description of "Dbl" over the opponents 2 Stayman on board 18 as "Lots of Scary Clubs". That made me smile :)

Better luck next time.

#6 User is offline   diana_eva 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2017-September-30, 14:24

View PostThe_Badger, on 2017-September-30, 14:21, said:

I watched both tables tonight - I usually go out Saturday night in England but heavy rain everywhere. Good try BBO Forums. The match just ran away from you over the last few boards.

One LOL moment in the match was George's (gszes) description of "Dbl" over the opponents 2 Stayman on board 18 as "Lots of Scary Clubs". That made me smile :)

Better luck next time.

It was frustrating because I could have made two boards and misplayed them terribly. I had a logic for my line, but it was wrong and I should have seen that much earlier. Ah well, back to Bridge Master practice.

#7 User is offline   diana_eva 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2017-September-30, 14:32

George threw one by not ducking to keep transportation, but mine were much worse because I had the whole layout pretty clear in my mind and still I didn't see the right line of play.

Here's one that cost us 10 IMPs. Click Next to see the first few tricks, and take it from there:

And the other one:

#8 User is offline   yunling 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members
  • Interests:meteorology

Posted 2017-September-30, 21:44

A bit hard to bid here after 3. Maybe I should have passed 3, especially opposite a sound preempt.

We overbid 6 and 3 and suffered 16IMPs loss.

#9 User is offline   The_Badger 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Bridge, Chess, Film, Literature, Herbal Medicine, Nutrition

Posted 2017-October-01, 01:38

Jimmy wins against well-established and very experienced bridge partnerships regularly, so I wouldn't analyse the results too much. It's annoying when you get things wrong, but you got things right for the best part of the match. As I said, a few final boards that could have gone either way had large swings and those decided the match.

I've watched many a JEC match, and whilst Jimmy and his team are truly world-class, I'd like to see how they would cope with a forum team playing Fantunes or an aggressive form of Precision/Polish Club, or even playing true Acol with four card majors and weak no-trump (yes, I know some players would be going 'lol!' for me mentioning Acol)

But playing 2/1 against Jimmy's team just makes it easier for his team to win, I feel. Mixing it up with more unusual methods of bidding may be the way forward.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users