BBO Discussion Forums: How does GIB handle interference after RKCB queen ask? - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

How does GIB handle interference after RKCB queen ask?

#1 User is offline   zzxjoanw 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2017-September-21, 14:59

I assumed "pass" meant "I don't have the queen", but then I went ahead and bid 6S anyway because I knew there was a 10-card fit.

But then I realized that north did have the queen. So what does pass mean? And what does GIB do when it doesn't have the queen? Redouble?

#2 User is offline   manudude03 

• - - A AKQJT9876543
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2017-September-21, 17:25

I would assume that responder just signs off without the queen and anything else would show it. What pass or redouble should mean is an interesting question though and not one I've really discussed with my partners, but would assume something like pass is not singleton and no outside king while redouble is singleton with no outside king.
Wayne Somerville

#3 User is online   smerriman 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2017-September-21, 18:02

It looks like GIB just can't handle it at all. According to its definitions, redouble shows the A, 5 surprisingly shows the Q but denies AK (though I think I recall a video by Peter Hollands / gwnn recently where it lied about this and didn't have the Q), and all other bids are undefined (a normal bid like 6 no longer shows the Q + a K).

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users