• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Control Precision 5 Opening 1 Club

#21 User is offline   foobar 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2017-September-20, 22:00

View PostZelandakh, on 2017-September-20, 14:47, said:

To get started a couple of links to a basic outline of the simplest form are here and here. And here is an old BBF thread to a slightly more complicated version. If you were to decide to play it seriously though, I would suggest buying the books that straube linked. Additionally, my understanding is that Dan offers courses on the system and the (admittedly limited) feedback I have heard from students has been universally positive.

Oh BTW, having gone through an early draft copy, a shameless plug for Dan's book if you want to study Meckwell Lite :D -- highly recommended.

#22 User is offline   Vampyr 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2017-September-21, 01:49

View Postfoobar, on 2017-September-20, 22:00, said:

Oh BTW, having gone through an early draft copy, a shameless plug for Dan's book if you want to study Meckwell Lite :D -- highly recommended.

Does Dan have a surname?
I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones -- Albert Einstein

#23 User is offline   sfi 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2017-September-21, 02:23

View PostVampyr, on 2017-September-21, 01:49, said:

Does Dan have a surname?

Dan Neill. You can find lots of system stuff, both free and for purchase, at www.bridgewithdan.com. Worth knowing about.

#24 User is offline   Vampyr 

Posted 2017-September-21, 05:28

View Postsfi, on 2017-September-21, 02:23, said:

Dan Neill. You can find lots of system stuff, both free and for purchase, at www.bridgewithdan.com. Worth knowing about.

Cheers
I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones -- Albert Einstein

#25 User is offline   Bermy 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Bidding Theory

Posted 2017-September-27, 22:17

View Postsfi, on 2017-September-21, 02:23, said:

I find it absolutely disgusting that you should use my feed to sell your own agenda. My notes are available for free and done in response to requests for more information. I previously asked all wankers to stay off my feeds if they were not interested in the subject, seems like you did not get the message.

You system, as I read it, is not Precision at all, but rather a new strong club system. It has and will never have any universal appeal, and therefore will never rival Precision. Wei Precision is played almost everywhere in the world, yours I have no intention of promoting. :angry:

#26 User is offline   sfi 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2017-September-27, 23:31

View PostBermy, on 2017-September-27, 22:17, said:

I find it absolutely disgusting that you should use my feed to sell your own agenda.

LOL. What connection, in your deluded little mind, do you think I have to the site? And what agenda do you think I have by answering someone's question?

Since you clearly weren't paying attention, the actual owner posted on BBO forums this week but ignored this topic entirely. Enough people know about the contributions he has made in collecting systems and making them available over the years that it seems like he didn't need to add anything.

My notes are available for free and done in response to requests for more information. I previously asked all wankers to stay off my feeds if they were not interested in the subject, seems like you did not get the message.

As someone else pointed out, I'm not sure you understand how a public forum works. It turns out this is not "your feed" and you don't get to control the discussion after all.

You system, as I read it, is not Precision at all, but rather a new strong club system. It has and will never have any universal appeal, and therefore will never rival Precision. Wei Precision is played almost everywhere in the world, yours I have no intention of promoting. :angry:

Not my system. Never even played it, although I have stolen ideas from it over the years. As for not having universal appeal, that ship has already sailed. Given that you don't even play at club level - let alone any more serious competition - I wouldn't expect you to know how bidding has changed in the last few decades. But Meckwell Lite is one of the more common versions of Precision among tournament players these days. Yours, for a number of reasons, isn't. But I don't think Meckstroth-Rodwell will be missing your lack of effort to promote their system.

#27 User is offline   diana_eva 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2017-September-28, 03:57

OK that's enough. Bermy take a break to think about what a public forum means. This is not "your feed" and you are consistently being way over the line rude.

#28 User is offline   nige1 

• 5-level belongs to me
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Poems Computers

Posted 2017-September-28, 04:58

View Postdiana_eva, on 2017-September-28, 03:57, said:

OK that's enough. Bermy take a break to think about what a public forum means. This is not "your feed" and you are consistently being way over the line rude.
Would moderators tolerate Bermy if
  • He agreed to have his many CP topics merged into one,
  • He welcomed relevant comment (favourable or not), and
  • He necro'd it only when he had new information to post.

#29 User is offline   Vampyr 

Posted 2017-September-28, 06:14

View Postnige1, on 2017-September-28, 04:58, said:

• He necro'd it only when he had a new information to post.

Reasonable ideas, but better yet to have the whole system laid out (preferably with example hands) with a link provided. If anyone is interested in Bermy's system, this piecemeal approach would be very frustrating.

But the rudeness and namecalling cannot, of course, be tolerated. Berry has deleted some of the worst offensives, but some have appeared in replies.

#30 User is offline   diana_eva 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2017-September-28, 13:00

View Postnige1, on 2017-September-28, 04:58, said:

• He necro'd it only when he had new information to post.
  • He would stop hushing anyone who replies to his posts and calls them wankers or other insults

FYP

#31 User is offline   Bermy 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Bidding Theory

Posted 2018-April-07, 22:01

Ok then, why do I bother?

I have spend a great deal of time planning and building a bidding language that actually works at the bridge table.

I have payed it for years, and know if works. It has taken a lot of work and time collecting, formatting and writing these tables in a complicated jigsaw puzzle that works for every hand.

I have spend a great deal of time working on and formatting these notes for those who maybe interested.

BBO you are the ONLY forem where I can post such an International Language on such a public forem., and it is really a very good system.

So if you want to know more..........,,

Why should I bother?

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users