BBO Discussion Forums: grand slam missing three aces with a 4-0 trump split - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

grand slam missing three aces with a 4-0 trump split

#1 User is offline   sfmoorex 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2017-August-27, 16:36

Playing MP in an instant tournament, I was hunting a top and found it with this deal. I believe the lead of any other card by East would have defeated the slam.

How did I get here? Although I correctly assumed North's Blackwood response (which shows an even number of keycards and a void) meant he was void in clubs. I failed to think long enough about the possibility of 'zero' being an even number.

[/color]comments

#2 User is offline   steve2005 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Interests:Bridge duh!

Posted 2017-August-27, 21:14

Where do we start?
You don't know if have a fit or if is best fit. Yes N probably has 4+ but guessing. You may belong in clubs. A ruff a club embarrassing when you belonged in clubs
You have a void. It is generally a bad idea a bad idea to use KC/Blwd with a void, If N has A you won't know how many Aces are cashing.
You have 2 losers. Off 1 KC you won't know if off AK.
When you got KC response it is understandable didn't know 0 possible. However, giving N void is a pure guess but if N has 2A & heart or spade void make 7.
So what to do? Something forcing. 2 looks good with first round control.
People using Unusual vs Unusual may have a different bid against Michaels. Main thing is do something forcing.
Partner will bid and maybe you find something useful out.
Sarcasm is a state of mind

#3 User is offline   The_Badger 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Interests:Bridge, Chess, Film, Literature, Herbal Medicine, Nutrition

Posted 2017-August-28, 00:04

Welcome to the forum, sfmoorex :)

Would (a human bid as opposed to a robot) 3 instead of 4NT after an opponent's Michaels be interpreted as a void/singleton with support for s? It all depends if an opening 1 bid guarantees 4+ s.

The problem with that is if partner is 4432, you'll find difficulty reaching a slam without partner pulling to s.

Anyway, always nice to get one over the robots. 7 missing 3 aces and a 4-0 trump split making. That's a first.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users