• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

SB requests a ruling Non-compliant 2C bid

#21 User is offline   Vampyr 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2017-August-21, 23:20

View Postblackshoe, on 2017-August-21, 12:25, said:

If I were still in England, I would structure my agreement to conform exactly to the Blue Book. Then I would have no problem deviating from that agreement. 2 bids come up rarely so unless SB wants to keep a couple of years worth of records, he can't claim my deviation on any particular day constitutes an illegal agreement.

I like it!

EDIT: However, I think that I will use "20-22 balanced or GF; the latter may not comply with the current EBU definition of 'strong'".

However, I will at some point experiment with EBU compliance, because I think it will be fun to experiment with using my strongest bid to open suitable Weak NTs.
I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones -- Albert Einstein

#22 User is offline   lamford 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2017-August-22, 05:32

View Postblackshoe, on 2017-August-21, 12:25, said:

BTW, on the OP case, I'd give the SB what he wants (less the fine for illegal agreement) and then I'd fine him a full board for telling me how to do my job. Call it "disrespect for the TD" if you want.

SB would respond that his question, "Can you scrap this board please and fine the miscreants 3 IMPs?" did not TELL you how to your job and could not be disrespect for the TD, so he would appeal to the National Authority.
I prefer to give the lawmakers credit for stating things for a reason - barmar

#23 User is offline   pran 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2017-August-22, 06:03

View Postlamford, on 2017-August-22, 05:32, said:

SB would respond that his question, "Can you scrap this board please and fine the miscreants 3 IMPs?" did not TELL you how to your job and could not be disrespect for the TD, so he would appeal to the National Authority.

Indeed it did.
It is none of SB's business to suggest that TD should scrap the board and/or issue a PP.
SB's rights ends when he has called the Director and explained why (i.e. that there appears to having been an irregularity). Requesting a particular ruling from the TD is definitely showing disrespect.

#24 User is offline   Vampyr 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2017-August-22, 06:11

I am very tempted to delete the posts pertaining to how a fictional character should be disciplined. Anyone who woul enter into such a discussion just likes to hear the sound of his own voice (well, the virtual equivalent).
I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones -- Albert Einstein

#25 User is offline   blackshoe 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2017-August-22, 09:08

View Postlamford, on 2017-August-22, 05:32, said:

If he wants to appeal to the NA, let him.
--------------------
As for tv, screw it. You aren't missing anything. -- Ken Berg
I have come to realise it is futile to expect or hope a regular club game will be run in accordance with the laws. -- Jillybean

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users