BBO Discussion Forums: Instant Tournament has different robots - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Instant Tournament has different robots

#1 User is offline   azureverde 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2017-August-19, 15:36

Every time I have played in the ACBL Instant Tournament this week I have experienced several hands where the robots at my table did something entirely different than the robots at the other tables. In each situation the robots made exactly the same bids against every other human player. The different auctions produced different results. On one hand at every other table the robot opened a weak two bid and at my table it passed. On another hand the robot opened 1C at my table but at every other table the robot passed the hand. I've only given several examples but there have been numerous different situations. These are $1 pay tournaments, not the free tournaments. This is very unfair to the players.

#2 User is offline   rigbyrigz 

• PipPip

Posted 2017-August-19, 16:51

I have reported this to BBO and posted about it in 2 other GIB threads here, after having it done regularly to me in the 25cents BBO tourneys this week. Which I will no longer play; spent $20-30 last 2 weeks. Had to withdraw several times. We deserve Refunds!!

It was first reported in the Free Tourneys, something about the Robots are not "as advanced" and so do less simulations. It's basically bogus, as is BBO's statements that the same GIB s/w versions of robots are used in tourneys for pre-played comparisons. Obviously the recent upgrades to GIB affected what you and I do in our Pay mini Tourneys, which are significantly different.. Besides weak 2 bids, I had the auction 1N-3N exactly repeated. The robot with 5-3-2-3 led a spade against one deal, but a diamond against another iterations of the same deal. Then to have compared? Very Very unfair Yes!

We must understand, especially as these become more popular and there are not active players at all times; think about the timing and delays and how the first one to finish a hand would get a result if the 14 other deals weren't already "in the compare bank". Yes its a bit non-Tasty, but necessary.

But they MUST ensure comparisons are made between deals where the robots had the exact same GIB software version. Suck slow reply from BBO is not a feather in their cap to comment on this!

#3 User is offline   dave251164 

• PipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2017-August-21, 05:07

I just had 2 such hands in one tourney!
In one the others lead their partners bid suit against my 1nt, mostly making or even +1, whereas I got another suit for -1.
Even worse was playing 4 after partner has passed initially and expecting a good board for making, when ALL the others GIB partners had opened 4 ending up in 4+2, or even 6=. These freak differences are unfair as they give you a bottom and drop you totally out of the points. Why not make sure that the robots I play the tourney with are the same as the ones who have played it previously?

#4 User is offline   rigbyrigz 

• PipPip

Posted 2017-August-21, 09:44

Ye, we are all waiting with BAITED breath for BBO (second week of this) to reply! Nothing yet. Keeping spending those coins!! Happens in the Pay mini's as well.

#5 User is offline   rigbyrigz 

• PipPip

Posted 2017-August-21, 09:45

Ye, we are all waiting with BAITED breath for BBO (second week of this) to reply! Nothing yet. Keeping spending those coins!! Happens in the Pay mini's as well.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users