BBO Discussion Forums: The unlucky board - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The unlucky board of Bermuda Bowl

#1 User is offline   Lovera 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Interests:I'm also on YOUTUBE with a channel of music songs .

Posted 2017-August-18, 00:48

The unlicky board is #10. I'm following World Bridge Team Championship in Lyon to see Italy performance (that is actually 7th at 165,79 VP). At the beginning (RR2) Italy vs Egypt in this board Garozzo played 6X-1 whilest Sadek stopped in 4. On opening lead in trump (3-1) claimed "13 tricks". This caused me to email to Bridge d'Italia Online commenting WBTC (4) because i did not see and asking how to proceed when it was wrong. Lately i've seen on official site that is indicated 4 for 11 tricks and 13 IMP (instead of 14 in Vugraph). Another situation is on Italy vs China (RR15) again on board 10 (1-4 is right the bidding) but the indication is wrong (4-1).

#2 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2017-August-19, 09:49

Vugraph is not an official record of the results. If the Vugraph operators get something wrong, that's what gets recorded. If they discover their error during the match, they can fix it, but we don't have any method to update the results after the fact, other than one of the BBO programmers updating the database by hand, which is tricky. Since the Vugraph archive is not critical, we don't provide this service.

Sorry about that.

#3 User is offline   Lovera 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2017-August-20, 03:29

barmar, on 2017-August-19, 09:49, said:

Vugraph is not an official record of the results. If the Vugraph operators get something wrong, that's what gets recorded. If they discover their error during the match, they can fix it, but we don't have any method to update the results after the fact, other than one of the BBO programmers updating the database by hand, which is tricky. Since the Vugraph archive is not critical, we don't provide this service.

Sorry about that.

I wonder myself for that and i thought it was possible to correct, but anyhow thanks.

#4 User is offline   barmar 

Posted 2017-August-22, 14:29

Usually one of the Vugraph commentators or kibitzers notices when a result looks unlikely, and asks the operator to verify so they can fix it before it gets saved.

#5 User is offline   Lovera 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2017-August-24, 13:47

barmar, on 2017-August-22, 14:29, said:

Usually one of the Vugraph commentators or kibitzers notices when a result looks unlikely, and asks the operator to verify so they can fix it before it gets saved.

Ah, but i was on the other table and only subsequently viewed how Sadek played the hand. I din't know it and that there was the eventualty to have a wrong indication on Vugraph.

#6 User is offline   barmar 

Posted 2017-August-25, 08:28

Lovera, on 2017-August-24, 13:47, said:

Ah, but i was on the other table and only subsequently viewed how Sadek played the hand. I din't know it and that there was the eventualty to have a wrong indication on Vugraph.

Like your title says, unlucky.

#7 User is offline   Lovera 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2017-August-25, 13:45

barmar, on 2017-August-25, 08:28, said:

Like your title says, unlucky.

The board 10 is unlucky because with Italy vs China, anew at 10 board, happened to have a wrong situation (there clearly "impossible" with five cards on the line for 4-1).

#8 User is offline   barmar 

Posted 2017-August-26, 19:34

What I meant was that it was unlucky that no one noticed the error during the match and told the operator to correct the result. Now it's too late.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users