Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

gib software

#1 User is offline   cencio 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2017-August-11, 04:01

Is there the possibility to buy the last version of gib for playing offline.
A time there was gibware but it seems to me that it hasn't been updated till now.
Thanks for replies
Gigi

#2 User is offline   johnu 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2017-August-11, 11:04

View Postcencio, on 2017-August-11, 04:01, said:

Is there the possibility to buy the last version of gib for playing offline.
A time there was gibware but it seems to me that it hasn't been updated till now.
Thanks for replies
Gigi

The coding for GIB was sold to BBO many years ago but the original programmer who wrote and understood all of the programming is no longer associated with development. Nobody at BBO seems to really understand some of the really complex coding so the changes to the program seem to be only ad hoc changes that fix a specific problem (and occasionally create other problems).

At one point in the late 1990's, GIB won the world computer bridge championship a couple of times. That was a long time ago when it comes to technology. At that time, most people who used the internet used dial-up modems, cell phones (but not smartphones which became popular years later) were just starting to get popular, most people still used the old style TV-like tube based monitors, etc.

Since then, other developers have updated and rewrote their programs probably several times. These days, "Jack" seems to consistently win the computer world championships when it enters them, seems to bid and play much better than GIB, and has a lot of bidding customizations that GIB doesn't have. That's what I would buy https://www.baronbar...category/jack-6

#3 User is offline   Bermy 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members
  • Interests:Bidding Theory

Posted 2017-August-12, 23:12

What an interesting comment. That probably explains why, although there has been improvement in tournament type, there has been a no substantial improvements in Gib robot bidding or bidding judgement. Won the world robot championship in the ninety's did they? Why do I not see Gib at this year's entry list?

#4 User is offline   pigpenz 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2017-August-25, 07:29

Ginsberg hasnt done anything with it since 2002
the original can still be bought but its way past its prime

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users