Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

continuations after 2c-2d-3c

#1 User is offline   Stephen Tu 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2017-August-04, 15:45

Though both go down, I'd rather be in 6c than 6s. Don't think it should raise 3s on 3 since I don't promise 5.

- 3h says 4+H and 5+ total points. I kind of feel like it should be 5+H and 0+ total points. I think it's important to show 5 cd major in a weak hand (find 5-3 fit, might be only making game, usuallly take more tricks with weak hand long suit as trumps if reasonable), and you can't show 5 cd major at 3 level if you are forced to bid 3d a lot as 2nd negative first. I wouldn't worry about stopping short of game after 2c and minor rebid, if nothing makes oh well. When 3c is supposed to show about 10 tricks it's not worth showing weakness and trying to stop short of game IMO.

- raise to 4s shows 4+ spades, why is it doing so on 3? Raise 2nd suit on 3 should be last resort, here it has reasonable 3nt (my pref) and 4c calls available.

#2 User is offline   steve2005 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Bridge duh!

Posted 2017-August-04, 22:45

View PostStephen Tu, on 2017-August-04, 15:45, said:

Though both go down, I'd rather be in 6c than 6s. Don't think it should raise 3s on 3 since I don't promise 5.

- 3h says 4+H and 5+ total points. I kind of feel like it should be 5+H and 0+ total points. I think it's important to show 5 cd major in a weak hand (find 5-3 fit, might be only making game, usuallly take more tricks with weak hand long suit as trumps if reasonable), and you can't show 5 cd major at 3 level if you are forced to bid 3d a lot as 2nd negative first. I wouldn't worry about stopping short of game after 2c and minor rebid, if nothing makes oh well. When 3c is supposed to show about 10 tricks it's not worth showing weakness and trying to stop short of game IMO.

- raise to 4s shows 4+ spades, why is it doing so on 3? Raise 2nd suit on 3 should be last resort, here it has reasonable 3nt (my pref) and 4c calls available.

6C/6S need same baring ruff might as well be in spades or even 6N played by north lol
3H- 5 points? is KD worth anything after double? but your right why show any points, I hope Gib cant pass 3C can it?
Gib showed 4S because it lies about support all the time

Sarcasm is a state of mind

#3 User is offline   Stephen Tu 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2017-August-05, 00:29

6c doesn't need same. 6c can survive spades 4-1 if clubs are 2-2. That's not insignificant. There is also a tiny extra chance for someone holding two black stiffs.

Sometimes they are doubling on ajt and partner has say the qx so k may or not be worthless, should devalue but not completely. Maybe human double on just qjtxxx hoping for lead vs 3nt. Irrelevant here though.

It can lie about one card distribution as a last resort when other bids are worse. Here it has two clearly better alternatives.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users