BBO Discussion Forums: Strange characters appearing in chat - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Strange characters appearing in chat

#1 User is online   smerriman 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2017-August-03, 22:49

Twice over the last two days, something has gone crazy with my chat in BBO - as I type most characters get preceded by a broken character (and sometimes even a newline).

Copying and pasting the result elsewhere shows they're characters like \u0001, \u0002, \u0003, etc.

Copying and pasting normal text from elsewhere into the chat line works; it's solely when typing into chat.

If I reload the window, it fixes itself (as least, until the next time it happens - seems random so far).

(Low quality) demo: https://www.youtube....h?v=l5SxNZSqoWM

Has anyone else experienced this, or has anything changed in the client recently? Feels like some sort of escaping problem.

#2 User is offline   alanrick 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2017-August-04, 16:22

Not just in chat. I've witnessed very strange characters playing at the tables, too! 😎

Sorry, sorry. There's a good chance the chat problem will go after your next flash update.

#3 User is online   smerriman 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2017-August-04, 16:28

:)

The last Flash update (26.0.0.137) was released July 11, so seems unlikely that would suddenly start causing issues from a couple of days ago only (unless the BBO client was change to rely on a future release, which seems unlikely).

#4 User is online   smerriman 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2017-August-07, 22:34

This has been happening (sporadically) nearly every day since, so something is definitely up.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users