• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Gib cannot bid How I get results at robot bridge

#1 User is offline   Bermy 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members
  • Interests:Bidding Theory

Posted 2017-August-02, 03:13

Playing bridge against Gib is different to playing natural bridge with humans. Gib is an AI algorithm not using its 2/1 system properly resulting in people often getting some very poor results. Many players absolutely refuse to play with robots for exactly that reason.

However, the popularity of these tourneys is becoming increasingly obvious. So why not develop a stratigy that beats these things at their own game.

Firstly let me remind everyone that you are not playing against robots at all, but against all the other humans in your seat, so you have 3 opponants, the human players, East/West and your partner.

As in all forms of bridge, Stratigy at matchpoints will differ vastly from that in imps.

A few match-point tips.

{comments}

Look at this hand in 4th seat. Spades are weak opp a passed hand. Game looks unlikely in any suit. Even if pd turns up with 11 hcp and 5 spades without an openner you will probably go down in 4 spades anyway, so making game here is a very small chance, and bridge is a game of percentages. Now with the spade suit as valueless as that, why not open 1 club as if spades were a 4 carder.

So Gib responds 1NT and you play the easiest 100% of the day with the overtrick, 77 played this hand most of them going down in 2S.

#2 User is offline   The_Badger 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Interests:Bridge, Chess, Film, Literature, Herbal Medicine, Nutrition

Posted 2017-August-02, 04:33

In my view it's a horrible hand to open in 4th, but Marty Bergen's rule of 15 sort of demands that you do. Just because you chose to open 1 vulnerable and got a top on this board doesn't guarantee that with a different dummy that will be the case.

Quite a few human Easts would be opening 1 third in hand even vulnerable and passing any response from partner

#3 User is offline   Bermy 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members
  • Interests:Bidding Theory

Posted 2017-August-02, 06:32

View PostThe_Badger, on 2017-August-02, 04:33, said:

In my view it's a horrible hand to open in 4th, but Marty Bergen's rule of 15 sort of demands that you do. Just because you chose to open 1 vulnerable and got a top on this board doesn't guarantee that with a different dummy that will be the case.

Quite a few human Easts would be opening 1 third in hand even vulnerable and passing any response from partner

Umm 100% is 100% and you have to do it alone,and as I said 77 played this hand and nobody else opened 1 club and passed the response. Most of the permutations of Norths hand, having already passed in a best hand tournament suit a 1NT contract rather than any suit, including spades. If pass is not he best option then where do you want to play it?

#4 User is offline   steve2005 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Interests:Bridge duh!

Posted 2017-August-02, 06:49

I don't disagree with bidding 1 on this hand.
But 1 hand does not make it right.
Partner and opps have perfect hands for you to play 1N.
Change a few cards 2 makes and 1N doesn't even have a play.

You are right game is out of the question.
Sarcasm is a state of mind

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users