Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

'club' chat

#1 User is offline   661_Pete 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2017-July-28, 14:17

Will you PLEASE provide a way of selectively turning off 'club' chat (i.e. any chat line tagged with "->club") whilst keeping 'table' chat (i.e. tagged with "->table").

This is a persistent irritation and puts off BBO users who come to this site to play bridge - not to engage in idle chatter. There are other social media like FB and tw*tter for that sort of thing.

Turning off ALL chat is not an option. I need to see chat messages from other players at my table.

The problem is particularly acute on Friday evenings in the Acol club. I suspect that alcohol is involved.

Please do something!

#2 User is offline   The_Badger 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Interests:Bridge, Chess, Film, Literature, Herbal Medicine, Nutrition

Posted 2017-July-28, 14:37

View Post661_Pete, on 2017-July-28, 14:17, said:

The problem is particularly acute on Friday evenings in the Acol club. I suspect that alcohol is involved.

And alcohol isn't suspected on any other days?

But, even as a kibber in the Acol Room, as I am occasionally, I am in total agreement that club chat is very irritating. There should be a way of turning it off without losing table chat.

#3 User is offline   jandrew 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2017-July-29, 03:10

On Friday evening (starting at 8.00pm UK time) there is an Acol Indi Tournament.
Joining that tourney will give you the pleasure of playing your favourite system without listening to the pre-weekend chatter in the Acol Club.
Try it :lol:

(Don't forget to join the members' list in good time if you want to register for any Acol Tournament.)

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users