Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Average age of BBO members How much younger are they than than ACBL

#1 User is offline   lcsmw 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2017-July-27, 11:03

I learned bridge in the early sixties and played in ACBL events within a few years. I have taken very long breaks in play and whenever I come back, I see the same people. I was always younger than the average age. In 2011, the average age was 69.55. I was 66. That was the most recent I could find. Even with mortality, I believe I am still younger than average.

I believe the average age of a BBO member is much lower than that. I played in the 4 day ACBL event and finished in the top third and close to the best of my ability.
Playing in a local regional, I expect I would have placed much higher.

#2 User is offline   The_Badger 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Interests:Bridge, Chess, Film, Literature, Herbal Medicine, Nutrition

Posted 2017-July-27, 13:06

You can probably get some snapshot of the age of BBO forum members by scrolling down to the bottom of the forums and seeing the ages of players/commentators who are celebrating their birthdays. If you added all the ages together over a period of a month, let's say, then divided by the number of players it would give provide at least some approximate figure to work on.

However, that is only for BBO Forum members who have registered. I believe the reality is that on the whole of BBO the age would be significantly higher, given that many bridge players are of a certain generation.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users