BBO Discussion Forums: Gold Points - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Gold Points Are Regional events possible?

#1 User is offline   janeball 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2017-June-26, 10:05

I got very excited when I saw the National Online event. This seemed an opportunity for less experienced players to win gold points. However National events are not stratified and the online one isn't either. It would take a lot of luck for less experienced players to win against the likes of Leo and Kenny.

Can we have online Regional events?

Gold Rush events at a Regional allow people with less than 750 points to compete for gold points against their peers. Something like this National online event but stratified would give all players a hope of gold points. I know that a club can run parallel to a regional and award gold points and I am looking into doing this. Now this National Online event opens up all sorts of possibilities.

#2 User is offline   johnu 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2017-June-26, 11:57

Based on the description of section awards, several people have determined that there is only going to be 1 section for all players. If that is true, less than top experts will have infinitesimally less chance to win masterpoints compared to a "live" regional or NABC championship game. If you are hoping to win gold points, this is not the game for you.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users