BBO Discussion Forums: SF book about robot who cheated in bridge. - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

SF book about robot who cheated in bridge.

#1 User is offline   olegdolgik 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2017-June-24, 10:35

Would anybody remind me author the book, science fiction, about two (yes, as remember it) robots who played bridge in leisure time and one start cheating, so another one killed him(it?).
Thanks.

#2 User is offline   dave251164 

• PipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2017-June-25, 02:43

The only bridge playing robot books/stories that come to mind right now are about Chthonic, so I wonder if it's one of those?

#3 User is offline   olegdolgik 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2017-June-25, 09:38

That wasn't bridge book, rather "normal" science fiction, like Sheckley or Bradbury. I've recovered a bit more details - 1) at least one of the robots had name like "Robbie" 2)it was a short story, not whole book 3)they spent time in isolated laboratory and anything went wonderful and they were progressing quickly in studying, till one morning scientist found them completely destroyed and then he found they were playing bridge and fight after that. 4) I read it about 35 years ago, so it not recent book.
May be it will add anything :)

#4 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2017-June-25, 15:50

Isaac Asimov wrote a short story named "Robbie" in 1940, and it was later included in various collections of his robot stories (including the classic "I, Robot" book). But the plot summary in the Wikipedia page doesn't mention anything about bridge.

Another Robby was the robot in the movie "Forbidden Planet", but this obviously isn't what you're thinking of.

#5 User is offline   Zelandakh 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2017-June-26, 02:12

This one perhaps? Not sure as there is no mention of cheating here.
(-: Zel :-)

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users