BBO Discussion Forums: Wrong adjustment by TD and then banned me on questioning - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Wrong adjustment by TD and then banned me on questioning TD power trips ;)

#1 User is offline   MrsSingh 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2017-June-16, 05:39

I played in a tournament and My partner had an emergency and stepped away without informing. Opps called TD and TD gave opps the contract 5hx+1 without a card being played. Following is the link to hand.

http://www.bridgebas...ayed=1497407393

Here 5H can be easily down 1. And when I questioned her decision she wasnt too happy about it and has banned me from her tournaments .Which i dont care about as such but apparently she is telling other Tds to do so too..Anything I can do here? [removed]

This post has been edited by diana_eva: 2017-June-16, 19:04
Reason for edit: removed username

#2 User is offline   steve2005 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Interests:Bridge duh!

Posted 2017-June-16, 06:43

Yes 5H is probably down 1. you haven't given what cardsplay though. I possible you didn't cash in time then they will make. What cards have been played.
If wrong director can adjust and will, but didn't say what tournament it was, some better than others
Sarcasm is a state of mind

#3 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2017-June-16, 08:19

View Poststeve2005, on 2017-June-16, 06:43, said:

Yes 5H is probably down 1. you haven't given what cardsplay though. I possible you didn't cash in time then they will make. What cards have been played.

He said no cards had been played.

Was this a pay tourney or a free tourney? Hosts of free tourneys are given lots of freedom. As long as they do not insult or discriminate, they can do pretty much what they want. We're just providing the online real estate, not managing the games. (If you encountered a bad ruling in a f2f club, would you expect the landlord who owns the building to do something about it?)

#4 User is offline   diana_eva 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2017-June-16, 19:07

View PostMrsSingh, on 2017-June-16, 05:39, said:

I played in a tournament and My partner had an emergency and stepped away without informing. Opps called TD and TD gave opps the contract 5hx+1 without a card being played. Following is the link to hand.

http://www.bridgebas...ayed=1497407393

Here 5H can be easily down 1. And when I questioned her decision she wasnt too happy about it and has banned me from her tournaments .Which i dont care about as such but apparently she is telling other Tds to do so too..Anything I can do here? [removed]

You can report the incident to abuse@bridgebase.com If a free tourney host is consistently reported for poor judgement or not running their tournaments well, hosting rights can be removed. Unlikely that such a drastic action will take place for this one incident, but filing a report helps abuse keep track of how these hosts are doing and whether it's a one time thing, or something s/he does too often.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users