Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

IMP & MP Robot Tournaments Field ≥ 15

#1 User is offline   Andy_L 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2017-June-13, 16:32

For Robot Tournaments (IMPs and MPs) my preference is to play in "live" games as opposed to Instant Tournaments where the hands are from previous play. I "lurk" in IMP & MP games where the field is close to 15 and as the time winds down... I do not join the tourney if the field does not exceed 14 in the last few seconds. Often in the last few seconds you see players entering the tournament hoping the field will reach 15 or exit the tournament because the field is too few. Makes me believe I'm not the only "lurker" waiting / hoping the field will get to 14, where my entry gets the field to 15.

Consider adding "Commit ≥ 15" Button to Robot Tournament IMP & MP games where "lurkers" could conditionally (Field ≥ 15) register. Also consider extending the start time an additional 10 seconds or so when Registered Field + Lurkers ≥ 13.

The result may be more live games where the field reaches 15 or more.

#2 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2017-June-14, 12:15

Reasonable suggestion, we can put it on our list of ideas for the future. But I suspect many players would find a conditional registration confusing.

Instead of waiting for the field to reach 15 before registering, you could register for the tournament. Then if it isn't at least 15 when the tourney is about to start, you can cancel.

#3 User is offline   johnu 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2017-June-14, 14:29

View Postbarmar, on 2017-June-14, 12:15, said:

Reasonable suggestion, we can put it on our list of ideas for the future. But I suspect many players would find a conditional registration confusing.

Instead of waiting for the field to reach 15 before registering, you could register for the tournament. Then if it isn't at least 15 when the tourney is about to start, you can cancel.

If you get distracted, or mistime your withdrawal by a second, then you are stuck playing for less than the maximum MP awards. In addition to a 15 player qualification, maybe a 30/45 player test since there is a 2nd/3rd section added and a lot more MP's are awarded.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users