Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Crazy robot bids Outrageous bids by robots

#1 User is offline   katiebeth 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2017-June-08, 08:15

I had a beautiful diamond suit and I pushed it up to five diamonds. Robot came back with five hearts. With four
low hearts and seven points I don't understand why they would take me out of this diamond bid. I went along with the five heart bid but there was absolutely no way I could've made it so I had to go away and come back and try another game another tournament

#2 User is online   smerriman 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2017-June-08, 14:21

You'll need to post the hand so we can see the rest of the bidding. (While it may be a GIB bug, it could also turn out that you misunderstood GIB's system / what your own bids meant to GIB.)

#3 User is offline   johnu 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2017-June-09, 13:23

View Postsmerriman, on 2017-June-08, 14:21, said:

You'll need to post the hand so we can see the rest of the bidding. (While it may be a GIB bug, it could also turn out that you misunderstood GIB's system / what your own bids meant to GIB.)

I'm betting on a crazy robot bid :)

#4 User is offline   arunmahesh 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2017-November-29, 18:59

View Postkatiebeth, on 2017-June-08, 08:15, said:

I had a beautiful diamond suit and I pushed it up to five diamonds. Robot came back with five hearts. With four
low hearts and seven points I don't understand why they would take me out of this diamond bid. I went along with the five heart bid but there was absolutely no way I could've made it so I had to go away and come back and try another game another tournament

I have encountered so many crazy bids by BBO robot that make absolutely no sense and at times are so disgusting, you feel like smashing your computer.

#5 User is offline   virgosrock 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2017-November-30, 09:23

View Postarunmahesh, on 2017-November-29, 18:59, said:

I have encountered so many crazy bids by BBO robot that make absolutely no sense and at times are so disgusting, you feel like smashing your computer.

this is the part BBO does not get. That users want to smash their computers preceded by disgust. There is probably a battery of lawyers telling them "Well, it is a free site. You play at your own risk". I have run into same problem where it will bid with a 4 card suit at a high level. Please post the hand. Could well be GIBBO's bidding "RULES" were not followed.

My sympathies for what they are worth.

vrock

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users