Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Minimum completion rate change

#1 User is offline   Siegmund 

• Alchemist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Interests:Creator of the 'grbbridge' LaTeX typesetting package.

Posted 2017-June-07, 21:22

The table host can now set minimum completion rate of seated players, in increments of 5%, only up to 90%.

Until recently (dont know if last week or last month) it was 95%. Why? Even 95% is not so good. If I were king, the slider would go in 1% increments all the way to 98 or 99.

I can still reject people with only 90% manually, but it's a nuisance to have to. The minimum completion rate slider is only useful at the very top end. Might as well take it away if it's only going to go to 90.
I would START the slider from 85 or 90, and have it go up to 98 or 99, actually. In my experience low-90s is solidly into "hopelessly prone to running away" territory.

#2 User is offline   diana_eva 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2017-June-07, 22:10

Table host can set minimum completion rate up to his own completion rate. If your completion rate is 100%, you can set it to min 100%. If it's lower, you can only set it to at most your own. You were probably over 95% and dropped below, which explains why you can't make it 95% or higher anymore.

#3 User is offline   scarletv 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2017-June-08, 04:36

I like it when you take into account the players own rate to the setup but I still see problems the way you calculate the rate itself.

With another nick a couple of days ago the following situation came up:

My partner announced he has to leave after the hand. He became declarer and started to play. The board was nearly completed when one of the opps had a disconnection. After a while my partner left shortly before the disconnected opp came back. Now we had a problem as the hand could not be finished. Opps tried to claim but I as dummy could not accept their claim. Finally I left my seat and took over the declarer hand to finish it. Can you confirm that this is counted as -1?

I give you another example what happened about 2 weeks ago and you tell me if that is counted as incompleteness. The host of the table disappeared (she has a business to run and when customers come in she regularly stops playing mostly coming back some minutes later). The play stopped. After a while the partner of the host said good bye and left the table. I am not sure at what point of the play that happened but will leaving this table now in the middle of bidding or play be counted as incompleteness after the play did not go on and another player already left the table?

There should be more exceptions but redealing a hand when leaving a table is not counted as incomplete.

How do you treat the following situations when calculating the incompleteness:
  • Leaving during the play when being dummy
  • Leaving after another player is already gone
  • Leaving after the play by another player stopped
  • Players who do not play for more than x minutes when it is their turn
  • tbc

#4 User is offline   Joe_Old 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 2017-June-08, 07:44

There are reasons other than running for less than perfect completion rates, disconnection being a major factor. The last I looked, my rate was 96%, the result of two disconnections, and an average of less than one tournament entry per day. In some parts of the world, even in major industrialized nations, maintaining internet connections can be dicey (my rural district in the US depends upon less than optimum supplier service).

So please, a little understanding. BBO depends upon an internet that is far from perfectly reliable.

#5 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2017-June-08, 07:51

View PostJoe_Old, on 2017-June-08, 07:44, said:

There are reasons other than running for less than perfect completion rates, disconnection being a major factor. The last I looked, my rate was 96%, the result of two disconnections, and an average of less than one tournament entry per day. In some parts of the world, even in major industrialized nations, maintaining internet connections can be dicey (my rural district in the US depends upon less than optimum supplier service).

So please, a little understanding. BBO depends upon an internet that is far from perfectly reliable.

It doesn't matter why you leave, you're still disrupting the game, and your completion rate reflects it. TCR should not be viewed as a commentary on your personality or ethics, it's just an indicator of how likely you are to finish hands.

#6 User is offline   Joe_Old 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 2017-June-08, 15:23

View Postbarmar, on 2017-June-08, 07:51, said:

It doesn't matter why you leave, you're still disrupting the game, and your completion rate reflects it. TCR should not be viewed as a commentary on your personality or ethics, it's just an indicator of how likely you are to finish hands.

I see darn few players with 100% completion rates; if you insist upon certainty, you'll have very small games.

#7 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2017-June-09, 07:20

View PostJoe_Old, on 2017-June-08, 15:23, said:

I see darn few players with 100% completion rates; if you insist upon certainty, you'll have very small games.

Only if lots of table hosts insist on 100% MCR.

#8 User is offline   zewzew 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2017-June-09, 08:25

and what about those days when connection is real lousy?

#9 User is offline   diana_eva 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2017-June-09, 08:46

Players leaving mid-game are a disruption to the other players, even if it's not their fault that they have a lousy connection at some point. Completion rates track how likely it is for a player to successfully complete his boards or tournaments. It doesn''t matter *why* someone bails out, there are three other players at the table who cannot play and it's not their fault either.

#10 User is offline   diana_eva 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2017-June-09, 08:50

View Postscarletv, on 2017-June-08, 04:36, said:

How do you treat the following situations when calculating the incompleteness:
  • Leaving during the play when being dummy
  • Leaving after another player is already gone
  • Leaving after the play by another player stopped
  • Players who do not play for more than x minutes when it is their turn
  • tbc

Leaving as dummy counts as -1
Leaving after another player bailed does not count. Only the first player who left will be penalized.
Leaving because someone isn't playing counts as -1.
Players booted for slow play take a -1 hit

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users