• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

How do I insert a picture?

#1 User is offline   Vampyr 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2017-June-03, 02:27

?
I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones -- Albert Einstein

#2 User is offline   diana_eva 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2017-June-03, 04:58

Where do you want to insert a picture?

#3 User is offline   m1cha 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2017-June-03, 06:46

View Postdiana_eva, on 2017-June-03, 04:58, said:

Where do you want to insert a picture?

Into the original post, for example. If he is asking about what I have also been wondering for quite a while.

If I have played a hand I can generate a link to it and include it in my post with the editor tools, fine.
If I have a link to a picture somewhere on the internet, I can include it with the editor tools. (I believe I can, I never tested this).

But if, for example, I made a screen shot and I would like to upload it to BBO for display in one of my posts, I don't see how I could do it without uploading it somewhere outside BBO and then linking it. Is there an simpler way?

#4 User is offline   diana_eva 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2017-June-03, 06:49

View Postm1cha, on 2017-June-03, 06:46, said:

Into the original post, for example. If he is asking about what I have also been wondering for quite a while.

If I have played a hand I can generate a link to it and include it in my post with the editor tools, fine.
If I have a link to a picture somewhere on the internet, I can include it with the editor tools. (I believe I can, I never tested this).

But if, for example, I made a screen shot and I would like to upload it to BBO for display in one of my posts, I don't see how I could do it without uploading it somewhere outside BBO and then linking it. Is there an simpler way?

I don't think there's an easier way, if i recall correctly uploading files has been disabled for some tech reasons. Barmar might now exactly what works and what not, but as far as i know the simplest way is to upload to an external service like snag.gy or imgur.com and insert it using the insert image icon, which requires a URL to the photo. Also you can't link to gifs, it's got to be jpg or png

#5 User is offline   Vampyr 

Posted 2017-June-03, 08:27

View Postdiana_eva, on 2017-June-03, 06:49, said:

I don't think there's an easier way, if i recall correctly uploading files has been disabled for some tech reasons. Barmar might now exactly what works and what not, but as far as i know the simplest way is to upload to an external service like snag.gy or imgur.com and insert it using the insert image icon, which requires a URL to the photo. Also you can't link to gifs, it's got to be jpg or png

Snag.gy? Ingar.com? What are these and how does one use them?

EDIT: Tried imgur and still couldn't manage to do anything. I should be very griateful if someone would post the front page of the Berliner Kurier. Here is a link to it:

https://twitter.com/...2285953/photo/1
I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones -- Albert Einstein

#6 User is offline   diana_eva 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2017-June-03, 08:58

Right-click photo
Copy image url

click the little insert image icon here in the forums
paste the url you just copied

Posted Image

#7 User is offline   Vampyr 

Posted 2017-June-03, 10:28

View Postdiana_eva, on 2017-June-03, 08:58, said:

Right-click photo
Copy image url

click the little insert image icon here in the forums
paste the url you just copied

Posted Image

Yes, that is what I tried but... maybe it works differently on a tablet, where there is no right-click. Anyway I am going to copy your post if you don't mind.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users