• You cannot reply to this topic

Your turn.

#21 User is offline   GrahamJson 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2017-June-04, 07:33

View Postnige1, on 2017-June-03, 19:24, said:

I rank
  • Double = ACTION. Partner might pass. If partner bids 5, too bad. Otherwise he is likely to bid 4N = More than one place to play.
  • Pass = NAT. You have some defence and s might break badly for opponents.
  • 5 = NAT. A reasonable shot.
  • 4N. ART. s and another. A danger is that we play in a 4-2 or 4-3 fit.

I assume that LROB means limit raise or better, so LHO could still have values in hand. They might even be heading for six. To double now seems to me like madness. Of course, you may be lucky, with partner passing and turning up with trump tricks or maybe the contract failing in some other way because of cards being badly placed. If so I would be happy to pick up +50.

Again, you could strike it lucky and partner turns up with a great fit, maybe five or six diamonds. Or maybe not. I certainly don't think the odds favour taking the risk.

#22 User is offline   nige1 

• 5-level belongs to me
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Interests:Poems Computers

Posted 2017-June-04, 08:24

View Postwanoff, on 2017-June-04, 04:57, said:

Why is 4NT possibly showing hearts ?In my (very old) book it shows diamonds with double showing hearts. Obviously double would be nicer because partner can make a penalty pass but that's tough luck.We have a fit somewhere, probably in clubs - I don't buy, as previously stated that partners pass of 3 denied xxx.

IMO, 4N should show 5+ s and 4+ either red suit

View PostMrAce, on 2017-June-04, 06:58, said:

No you don't [end up in a 4-2 or 4-3 fit] unless you are playing with a beginner. 4 NT means that we are bidding 5 unless we have a big fit somewhere else.(I play it side diamonds)So pd will never bid 5 without 4 of them. Especially if 4 NT means any side red, then pd can never bid 5 without at least 4-4 in red suits. There was a discussion and some experts suggested that pd should not bid 5 even with 4 cards and that it is very dangerous to play a 4-4 fit at 5 level when you are there due to your shape and not the hcp values.

On reflection, I agree with Mr Ace.

View PostMrAce, on 2017-June-04, 06:58, said:

I have good news for those who decided to take an action. Because 4♠ makes in this deal.

They would make 4X against me. Usually, I don't double enough but this is a bad hand for action. Here, my judgement was faulty but I think the decision was close.

View PostGrahamJson, on 2017-June-04, 07:33, said:

I assume that LROB means limit raise or better, so LHO could still have values in hand. They might even be heading for six. To double now seems to me like madness. Of course, you may be lucky, with partner passing and turning up with trump tricks or maybe the contract failing in some other way because of cards being badly placed. If so I would be happy to pick up +50. Again, you could strike it lucky and partner turns up with a great fit, maybe five or six diamonds. Or maybe not. I certainly don't think the odds favour taking the risk.

GrahamJson got it right for the right reasons.

#23 User is offline   ramace 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2017-June-04, 10:33

I pass.if partner has 2 tricks.still chance of 2 down which is -5000.The only possibility of 5c if my p has points in D(with no club looser).If my p has points in still no game.so pass better.

#24 User is offline   wank 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2017-June-05, 06:38

i love intermediate (13-16 if flat) jump overcalls

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

3 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users