BBO Discussion Forums: Travelling reset default language - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Travelling reset default language So

#1 User is offline   anna_raven 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2017-May-30, 14:25

So, in April, we were in Italy. I was logging in from Italian IP addresses and my Mac was using the Rome timezone.

Somehow, when we got back to the US, Bridgebase is convinced I'm still in Italy. Nothing I've done has fixed it. It happens on other wifi systems too, not just my home one. Always on my default browser of Chrome on my MacBook Air.
Chrome 58.0.3029.110
Mac 10.12.5
I know how to use the http://www.bridgebas...ent.php?lang=en hack, but I'd really like to fix things so it goes back to defaulting to English. My profile says I'm in the US. I started with English as the default.

Things I've tried:
I've tried clearing cookies on Chrome.

On Chrome, under chrome://settings/search#flash it shows two options:
Content Settings and Clear Browsing Data.

Under Content Settings, I deleted all cookies and site data. Under Clear Browsing History, I cleared all browsing data. Then under the "History" tab at the top of Chrome, I've cleared all data.

After all that, I type in the top field of Chrome: www.bridgebase.com it brings up the site, www.bridgebase.com and I click that, doubleclick to enable flash to run and it still comes up in Italian.

I tried uninstalling Flash from my computer. And reinstalling. Nope.

Help? Any ideas? The person at customer support seems as stymied as I am!

#2 User is offline   anna_raven 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2017-May-30, 14:34

Hah! I fixed it! Finally. Under Chrome->Preferences->Advanced Settings->Language I had to delete Italian from my input language options. Quit Chrome and went back in and now BBO works in English. Without the hack.

Just posting this here to document what finally fixed it.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users