BBO Discussion Forums: show only own hand and dummy's one like in real play - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

show only own hand and dummy's one like in real play

#1 User is offline   babbino64 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2017-May-23, 06:27

Hi,

viewing all players'cards when looking recorded/played hands remove a lot of the fun.

why don't allow bbo'ers to hide all cards except dummy's and one (freely choosen) player's cards so let people "play" (i.e. guess next card played) in the same uncertainity real player did?

combined with option like advance trick card by card it would be a powerful didactic tool...

regards
Paolo

#2 User is offline   diana_eva 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2017-May-23, 07:27

babbino64, on 2017-May-23, 06:27, said:

Hi,

viewing all players'cards when looking recorded/played hands remove a lot of the fun.

why don't allow bbo'ers to hide all cards except dummy's and one (freely choosen) player's cards so let people "play" (i.e. guess next card played) in the same uncertainity real player did?

combined with option like advance trick card by card it would be a powerful didactic tool...

regards
Paolo

This is already possible. Click on the hand you wish to kibitz and the rest of the hands will be hidden.

To change from Advance trick by trick to Advance card by card, click the Options button.

#3 User is offline   babbino64 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2017-July-15, 03:25

diana_eva, on 2017-May-23, 07:27, said:

This is already possible. Click on the hand you wish to kibitz and the rest of the hands will be hidden.

To change from Advance trick by trick to Advance card by card, click the Options button.

thank you for your answer. it seems to work only for archived vugraph, not for realtime vugraph nor for saved deal nor for deal created for teaching purpose. If I'm wrong please tell me
regards

#4 User is offline   diana_eva 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2017-July-15, 08:33

babbino64, on 2017-July-15, 03:25, said:

thank you for your answer. it seems to work only for archived vugraph, not for realtime vugraph nor for saved deal nor for deal created for teaching purpose. If I'm wrong please tell me
regards

You didn't mention you wanted this for real time vugraph, sounded like you're reviewing hands in the archives.

There are some options when kibitzing, but not really "kibitz declarer", you can choose to kibitz south, north, east or west only. Click the Options button at the top of the screen, then More options > Advanced options and choose from the list in When kibitzing:
- show all hands
- kibitz north
- kibitz south
- kibitz east
- kibitz west

I am not sure what you mean with deal created for teaching purposes. At a teaching table the host has a setting called Teaching options available, where he can choose which cards his students are seeing. Start a teaching table, and click the Options button to see the teaching options. You can finetune who sees what cards there.

#5 User is offline   Wainfleet 

• PipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2021-December-02, 23:43

Is there a way to create a deal, play it, save it and then play it back with only declarer and dummy hands visible.
I want to make a video where I talk the viewer through the play as they would see it in practice, without the distraction of seeing the defence hands.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users