Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

New Version of Flannery?

#1 User is offline   92612 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2017-May-11, 17:09

Hi! My partner and I have been using standard Flannery but find a problem with the 3C/D response to 2N by responder, we don't get the point range for opener's hand and have missed slam twice. I was told there is a NEW version of Flannery that addresses this. Does anyone on the forum have a reference to this revised Flannery? Thanking you in advance. Miriam

#2 User is offline   Zelandakh 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2017-May-12, 02:33

Hello 92612 and welcome to the BBO forums. Perhaps we can start by defining what you have as your "old" responses. The alternatives might be new to you but seen as standard here. I assume you have seen this, although as there are no point ranges in this method it is perhaps different from yours.
(-: Zel :-)

Happy New Year everyone!

#3 User is offline   Flem72 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2017-May-12, 07:25

One who has played Flannery for any length of time will inevitably develop some home-grown version that solves the system 'problems' one perceives as a reault of playiing the version one started out with. And there are real choices to be made, like: Is 2D-3M invitational, a mixed raise, preemptive or a slam try? How does responder handle his big hands with one or both minors? Is going through 2N exploratory or a slam try or both? What shapes and ranges are included? How can responder find out about opener's range? Just for instance, Levin-Weinstein use a wider range than most (11-17) and include more distributions (5-6 hands included).

I've have three fairly highly articulated versions that I've played in various partnerships. I'd be happy to publish them to you if you can communicate with me by email, though I warn you that the formatting will likely be lost (don't think I can use an attachment).

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users