• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Vugraph dynamic convention card

#1 User is offline   bbstar 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2017-May-07, 12:46

Context:
Meckstroth-Rodwell (or pick any other World class pair) are playing on a vugraph. Countless times I see them opening 1♦. Countless times i see vugraph operator/commentator writing alert "1♦=(10)11-15, 2+♦" or similar in chat area or in bid explanation area.

Problem:
Is it possible to automate these standard explanations?

Possible solution:
BBO has implemented a convention card feature, which automatically writes alerts. AFAIK it only works on playing tables. Maybe enable similar feature on vugraph tables too?
Of course systems evolve, and these convention cards should be editable somehow. But it seems the total work would be less, and more effective than now.

#2 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2017-May-07, 15:28

View Postbbstar, on 2017-May-07, 12:46, said:

Possible solution:
BBO has implemented a convention card feature, which automatically writes alerts. AFAIK it only works on playing tables. Maybe enable similar feature on vugraph tables too?

Someone would have to translate all the players' systems to Full Disclosure cards so that the software could do this.

#3 User is offline   bbstar 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2017-May-08, 13:13

View Postbarmar, on 2017-May-07, 15:28, said:

Someone would have to translate all the players' systems to Full Disclosure cards so that the software could do this.

I guess if you only enter first two rounds of RM, you already save quite a lot of explanations. Full Disclosure is not necessary precondidtion, but would be a useful side-effect, if the pair plays on vugraph and more situations come up, and they could be updated to the convention card.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users